myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Introduction Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Hank Reinhardt
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Introduction         Reply with quote

Hi everyone, My name is Hank Reinhardtand I've just joined this group. I founded Museum Replicas in 1985, sold it in 95,, and my contract expires this January. Which is OK, because they never listened to me anyway. I've been involved with arms and armor most of my life. I start seriously studying it when I was about 19-20, started collecting when I was in Germany in 56-58 and have been avid and serious student since then. I confess to having been in the SCA in 1968, started the groups inthe South then, dropped out in 73 when I just couldn't handle the politics of the groups. Name then was Ulric of Wolfhaven. A choice I regret. When I met Sybil and Ewart oakeshott (fell madly in love with Sybil, sigh, Ewart saw her first) she named me Hankfin. Sill wonder why I didn't come up with that name. Sadly Sybil passed away a short time ago. I can only feel sorry for those of you who never had the pleasure to meet the Oakeshotts, A more gracious, delightful, entertaining couple you would never find.But filled with the iron that saw the UK handle the Blitz with aplomb.
Like Ewart, I consider myself a serious student, and do not believe there are experts in this field. The weapons were made by individuals, for individuals and while fashion may have been important, personal taste was also. Too many people ignore that these weapons were made for young men to use in killing other young men. Brutal, but true.
I have had an advantage that most of you will have lacked. With owning MRL I was able to gather well made replicas, and study them to the point of destruction. Rank has its priviliges and I damn sure made the most of it.
In reading over the post I was impressed, it was not the usual nonsense that I have run across. I hope to be active, but not sure how much time I can spend. I am finishing a book on swords, finishing the touches on some practise weapons that a friend of mine and I have patented, thinking of teaching swordplay again, and doing my best to stay off old age. I am blessed with an Iron Willpower, but at 71 my body is doubly blessed with Steel Won't Power. In January I will turn 72, and the following week I will do what I have done for the past few years, have som friends over, shoot bows, throw axes, and do my dead level best to beat some of the young kids with rapier and sword and dagger, Have a websit up, but not finished, hankreinhardt .com.

Hank Reinhardt
William C Champlin

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: An introduction         Reply with quote

Hi Hank. I look forward to your input. Welcome,W.
tweetchris
Jay Barron

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd like to offer a warm welcome to you, Hank. I, for one, am honored that you've joined this forum. I'm sure that you have a tremendous amount to offer here. On a personal note, you and your company have had a huge impact on my interest in swords since I was a teenager and I'd like to thank you for that. I raise my glass to you.
Constant and true.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction         Reply with quote

Hi Hank, and welcome aboard! Glad to have you amongst us sword lovers. Happy

Hank Reinhardt wrote:
I am finishing a book on swords, finishing the touches on some practise weapons that a friend of mine and I have patented,

Ooo! Both of these tidbits of news sound excellent! I look forward to seeing what you come out with!
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Reinhardt, it is indeed a pleasure to have you on board here. A thousand welcomes.

Cheer's

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Excellent!!!         Reply with quote

Hank, it's an excellent thing that you are here. With the addition of you and others who love swords, it is sure to be a grand time.

Best,

Eric

Find me on Facebook, or check out my blog. Contact me at eric@crownforge.net or ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about a commission or discuss an available piece.
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greetings & welcome, Mr. Reinhardt

We are thrilled that you have come to join us, and very much welcome your experience, input, and any and all stories of your exciting adventures!

Slàinte, & best wishes, Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Geoff Freeman

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome, welcome, Mr. Reinhardt. I have to echo Jay Barron, in that you have had a profound impact in my early years as a student of the sword and its histories. It is something of an honor to have you with us.
Geoffrey C. Freeman
Durendal Fencing Club
David Black Mastro

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome, Hank!
"Why meddle with us--you are not strong enough to break us--you know that you have won the battle and slaughtered our army--be content with your honor, and leave us alone, for by God's good will only have we escaped from this business" --unknown Spanish captain to the Chevalier Bayard, at the Battle of Ravenna, 1512
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Hello Hank         Reply with quote

Hello Hank

Good to have you here. Its been way to long since we have had a beer and talked swords. Have you stayed in touch with Nils? I email him every once in a great while but have not heard much for a long time. Good to know you are still kicking butt and talking names.

Look forward to discussing and learning.

Keep well
Craig
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hank,

I will consider my self lucky if I ever manage to acquire a fifth of the relevant experience you've collected. Welcome and thank you for offering to share here.

Best regards,
Joe

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
James Holczer

Reading list: 10 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome Mr. Reinhardt, your input here will be most appreciated. I also would like to personally say thank you. Years ago, it was my exposure to the MRL catalog that brought me to the realization that someone was actually producing quality replicas. It was a refreshing change from the usual cheap or stainless steel wall hangers.
Gordon Frye

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool... glad to see you posting here. Lots of "interesting people" show up on this site... Big Grin

Cheers!

Gordon

"After God, we owe our victory to our Horses"
Gonsalo Jimenez de Quesada
http://www.renaissancesoldier.com/
http://historypundit.blogspot.com/
Jean Thibodeau

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I can only repeat a warm welcome to this site and I hope you will enjoy your participation here as much as we will enjoy learning from you or even arguing with you in a respectful way. Cool

Learning the pluses and pitfalls of the sometimes mutually contradictory goals of making historically accurate swords and running a business. ( Unless you want to get away from that subject Question )

I can think of a lot of questions about destructive testing / performance against various targets etc ....... But I leave that for later. Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Once again, welcome to myArmoury Hank. It's great to have someone with your experience participating here, and thanks for the kind words.
B. Stark
Industry Professional

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, along with the rest, welcome. Like others have said, MRL...hmmm, saw my first catalog in 1986 or 87. I was immediately fired up! Never lost the bug, and even went on to work for Albion as a result. I've always wondered, why have I never seen Hank post anywhere before? Well your here know and I hope you have a good time of it.
"Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd"
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A thousand welcomes to you Hank! Happy I must say, it was MRL that initially got me into collecting sharp, pointy things when I first saw your products way back during the 1998 Ohio RenFestival. Been doing it ever since! I guess that puts you as one of the founding members of my (and our) hobby! Jay and I both raise our glasses to you. -Ted H.
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Hank! Not sure that you really needed the introduction, though, since I think that your name is pretty well known in our circles. I look forward to learning from a serious student.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hank,

Great news you have joined this forum.
I am very much looking forward to hear your thoughts and benefit from your insights!

Welcome!
Lancelot Chan
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Hank! I look foward to read more informative posts from you in the future! Big Grin
Ancient Combat Association —http://www.acahk.org
Realistic Sparring Weapons — http://www.rsw.com.hk
Nightstalkers — http://www.nightstalkers.com.hk

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Introduction
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: