Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Introducing... The Reeve
Just for you, Roger... I am jumping the gun and releasing this before Monday...

This is a very popular sword around here.

[ Linked Image ]

More here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/ne...eeve-x.htm

Specifications
Overall length: 35.875" (91 cm)
Blade length: 30.25" (76.84 cm)
Blade width: 2.1875" (5.56 cm)
CoB: 5.25" (13.34 cm)
CoP: 18.125" (46 cm)
Weight: 2 lbs 6.8 oz (1.10 kilos)

Best,

Howy

Last edited by Howard Waddell on Mon 07 Nov, 2005 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Outstanding geometry on the pommel, folks! Really wicked!

That's what I've been waiting to see! :D

Goes to show you that the simplest of pieces can be exquisite if one takes note of these subtleties.

Thanks for the weekend treat, Howy!
The Reeve is another beauty, Howy. Putting in some overtime up in New Glarus, I see.
Wow, nice! I love how that brazil-nut pommel turned out! :surprised:
Love it. Simply love it.
That is a wonderful looking sword. I can picture Norman knights down in southern Italy around 1050 using swords just like that one. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this model.

Does the Brazil nut pommel make the Reeve handle differently than the Bayeux?

Thanks for putting that picture up early, Howie
That's what I'm talking about!

Looks great and I must say surprising so with the red grip which is my choice for what I believe to be historical reasons. Looks great and I look forward to receiving mine.
Jeremy
ah man thats kewl. there are so many new swords i love from albion. it'll take me a life time to get jsut 1 or 2 pieces. ahhhh
Wow.... I was never a fan of the early medieval swords with brazil-nut pommels....yet I love them now...... Well done, Albion.
Really cool! Man, you guys at Albion have been on a heck of a pace lately! Nice to see so many newly finished swords around Xmas.....
Now THIS is what I've been waiting for!! This one just got bumped to the top of my list.

The grip-color works great too. Is that oxblood or magenta??
Note to all Reeve lovers - the Albion webpage says "This sword is offered in a limited edition of only 100 collectible swords worldwide." I wonder why only 100 for this particular model?
I like the Bayeaux better personally, but this one obviously turned out great and should do very well for you guys.

Brian M
Wow.
Looks damn near perfect Howard - thanks for posting this early! I don't think I'll be able to leave my doorstep until it arrives...
Wow. Yet another one that I wasn't sure that I'd like and was soundly proven wrong. ;) You've got another winner, guys.
M. Taylor wrote:
Wow. Yet another one that I wasn't sure that I'd like and was soundly proven wrong. ;) You've got another winner, guys.

For me this has always been the classic 11th century european design. Consuquently I ordered one to go with my 11th century kit.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
For me this has always been the classic 11th century european design. Consuquently I ordered one to go with my 11th century kit.

Agreed... it's been hard for me to resist this dude, and seeing it "in the steel" is making it a bit harder.

Given the other irons I've got in the fire, I have to leave this one be... for now. Must... stay... the course. Must... stay...

However... I seriously doubt I'll lose out on this one 'cause it sold out... not that it won't sell that many, but that I really dig that pommel, and I can tighten my belt if I have to. :p
I'm just hoping it fits into my PJ scabbard. :D
Patrick Kelly wrote:

:wtf:

... blasphemer!

Actually, upon looking at statistics, it might - albeit loosely - if the fuller and blade thickness jive with the profile of the scabbard. It's slightly narrower and a bit shorter that BJ, assuming the blade length and lower profile of the cross are pretty close to the Bayeux (which shares the same blade and has stats posted).

Last edited by Aaron Schnatterly on Sat 05 Nov, 2005 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:

:wtf:

... blasphemer!

Well, do you know anyone who could make one? ;)
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: