Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > What is your glory weapon? An Eschatological Fantasy . . . . Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next 
John Cooksey

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: What is your glory weapon? An Eschatological Fantasy . . . .         Reply with quote

What weapon do you most identify with? What would you prefer to have by your side or in your hands in a true battle to the finish?

Imagine, that despite your unbeliever status (smile), Mighty Mithras chose you to stand by his side during the Last Battle against Terrible Ahriman and the Horrid Corpse Demoness. From all the millenia of human history, Mithras chose only a few hundred champions to stand with him in the Breach of Worlds, in a last-ditch attempt to destroy or finally exile the Evil Ones from this World-Time. Lucky you, you get to be one of them!
Arrayed against your mighty few are the Evil One himself, his Corrupting Bride and their endless demon armies.
For every immortal hero of humankind, there are ten thousand fell demons.
It's your last fight, your most important fight, and one that you will most likely not survive. :-)
What weapon would you pick to transmit your soul's fury against the Vile Enemy?

P.S. You can pick missile weapons if ya want, but unlike certain godly avatars, you don't get endless ammo.

N.B. : this was inspired by some religious musings, an irreverent (but loving) attitude, and a lot of wine.
Jonathan Blair

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Normally stuff touching religious matters is verboten but since you asked...

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Ephesians 6:11-20

"For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews 4:12

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew but He Himself. And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS...And the remnant were slain with the sword of Him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of His mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."

The Revelation of Jesus Christ 19:11-16, 21

I'll be riding into that final battle dressed in fine linen, clean and white, and not beside Mithras, but against him. My King will be doing all the fighting, and He will win.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

"For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew but He Himself. And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS...And the remnant were slain with the sword of Him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of His mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."

I'll be riding into that final battle dressed in fine linen, clean and white, and not beside Mithras, but against him. My King will be doing all the fighting, and He will win.

Amen!

Alex

P.S: As far as what I would fight with if a hord of zombies were physically attacking me, I like swords and all but in that situation I would have to go with a 12guage. In the case of demons and other spiritual entities, no weapon on earth would do much good so I will have to agree with Jonathan.

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: What is your glory weapon? An Eschatological Fantasy . .         Reply with quote

John Cooksey wrote:
1. What weapon do you most identify with? What would you prefer to have by your side or in your hands in a true battle to the finish?

2. Imagine, that despite your unbeliever status (smile), Mighty Mithras chose you to stand by his side during the Last Battle against Terrible Ahriman and the Horrid Corpse Demoness. From all the millenia of human history, Mithras chose only a few hundred champions to stand with him in the Breach of Worlds, in a last-ditch attempt to destroy or finally exile the Evil Ones from this World-Time. Lucky you, you get to be one of them!
Arrayed against your mighty few are the Evil One himself, his Corrupting Bride and their endless demon armies.
For every immortal hero of humankind, there are ten thousand fell demons.
It's your last fight, your most important fight, and one that you will most likely not survive. :-)
What weapon would you pick to transmit your soul's fury against the Vile Enemy?

#1. Probably my A&A Scloss Erbach longsword (with an Albion NextGen Sovereign as back-up)
#2. The USS Missouri (she has nine 16-inch 'evil ones' that will take care of those demons Cool )

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
John Cooksey

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan Blair wrote:

Ach, I didn't know religion was forbidden, nor did I expect anyone to take this too seriously.
It's a "fantasy", after all . . . . .
(graciously bows out, leaves for the local Temple of Horus)[/i]
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

1. 2 Type x Vikings, 1 in each hand.

2. Quake 2 Railgun with unlimited supply of Depleted Uranium Slugs.

And oh yeah, I'm on Ahriman's side taking a bead on the guys in white linen... Evil
Jonathan Blair

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Cooksey wrote:
Ach, I didn't know religion was forbidden, nor did I expect anyone to take this too seriously.
It's a "fantasy", after all . . . . .
(graciously bows out, leaves for the local Temple of Horus)[/i]

Don't worry about it. Most forums tend to strongly discourage religious discussion due to the concern of offending anyone. I'm fairly certain that this is one such. Personally, I like a good theological debate, and I participate on some Christian fora for just that purpose; but some people get really upset when someone says, "Religion X is the only religion and all you that believe in Religion Y are bound for a place of eternal torment." Have yet to figure out why... Razz

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - The Lord Jesus Christ, from The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, chapter x, verse 34, Authorized Version of 1611
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Religous references are fine as long as the discussion is kept civil and dispassionate.

Unless you have the title of moderator beneath your avatar it's probably best to leave the moderating to those that do. Wink

My choice would, of course, be this.....................

Accompanied by a large round convex shield this would be my choice. At the end looking good will be as important as winning. Big Grin

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Tue 18 Oct, 2005 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric Nower

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well someone has to have some range and reach:

1) a good ol' Longbow w/some great broadheads
2) an Albion Baron....Ohhh yeahhhh

May God have mercy on my enemies, for I shall have none.
Jonathan Blair

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not a problem Patrick, didn't mean to step on any toes.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Against enemies like that I'd need something with some heft but with great balance. I choose a magicked up Albion Museum Svante sword. Of course I don't have one, but I think that for being such a virtuous warrior I should be gifted with one of those blades.

Last edited by Roger Hooper on Tue 18 Oct, 2005 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric L.

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would go with Stormbringer the sword of Elric of Melnibone Cool.

Second choice would be my Elven Ranger.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

1) A & A 15th century twohander with an Albion Sovereign or an A & A Black Prince as backup: Hummmmm while I'm dreaming might as well have a squire to hand me my A & A Pollaxe or Spears when needed.
Oh, my 80 pound hunting bow and a few thousand arrows.

2) Real life modern: Styer AUG, Scoped HK91, 870 Remington, BAR, MG3 ( 7.62 version of MG42 ), grenades !
Desert Eagle .44 mag, Glock17L and Glock 19. Cold steel Kukri.

3) Sci. Fi. : Halo Plasma rifle / Needle Gun, plasma grenades OR Star trek " Original series " Phaser ! The kind that would make a truck sized hole in a wall not the power deficient Next generation Phasers barely more powerful than an ordinary pistol.

Oh, Did you mean ONLY ONE weapon ! I guess I just get KILLED right away because I can't make up my mind what to use first. Razz Razz Razz Laughing Out Loud

Oh, I don't actually have ALL of these Wink Laughing Out Loud

P.S. Almost forgot armour LOTS of armour & a personnal force field with the Sci.Fi. stuff.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Elling Polden

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Holy Avenger +5.
In each hand.
Mithril gothic plate armour.
Riding an Anticent Gold dragon

And of course a laser designator and a B52 squadron on stand by.

"this [fight] looks curious, almost like a game. See, they are looking around them before they fall, to find a dry spot to fall on, or they are falling on their shields. Can you see blood on their cloths and weapons? No. This must be trickery."
-Reidar Sendeman, from King Sverre's Saga, 1201
Greg Griggs

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, it's obvious that Elling is a good ol' fashioned AD&D role-player, LOL.
For myself, I would be happy swinging that monster of a sword from the Wallace Monument. Give me reach, heft, and good balance, and the smile would never leave my face.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
At the end looking good will be as important as winning. Big Grin

I can dig it! Wink

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There is only one thing that can drive fear into the hearts of the demon hordes...

Attachment: 60.06 KB
smurf.jpg

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

... And if the little blue guys should fail, then there can only be one choice...

Attachment: 19.79 KB
tzarbo2a.JPG
50 Megatons of whoop-ass

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
At the end looking good will be as important as winning. Big Grin

I can dig it! Wink

In a millennium no one will remember your name unless your the cool looking bast@*d up front!

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Elling Polden

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greg Griggs wrote:
Well, it's obvious that Elling is a good ol' fashioned AD&D role-player, LOL.

Not realy. I'm no fan of AD&D. D&D is both the benchmark and the bane of heroic fantacy. Heroism isn't heroism when it all comes down to game mechanics.

But the Holy Avenger always appealed to me, as the symbol of the ultimate achievement and dedication to the Good Cause™.

"this [fight] looks curious, almost like a game. See, they are looking around them before they fall, to find a dry spot to fall on, or they are falling on their shields. Can you see blood on their cloths and weapons? No. This must be trickery."
-Reidar Sendeman, from King Sverre's Saga, 1201

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > What is your glory weapon? An Eschatological Fantasy . . . .
Page 1 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: