Go to page 1, 2  Next

Custom Landgraf
I wanted to share my latest acquisition, so I hope you all don't mind!

I saw the customized picture of the Landgraf on the Christian Fletcher website. Love at first sight. It is a smooth and balanced weapon with a little bit of added Christian Fletcher fine tuning and the scabbard is a wonderful addition. In fact, when it arrived, I was out of town and early the next morning my wife slipped the box in the bed next to me! I guess she must have know that this was one fine lady.

Many thanks to the folks at Albion for the fine weapon and Christian Fletcher for the "detailing."

Attachment: 66.09 KB
HttpNimletDriver.jpg

Custom Landgraf
A shot of the scabbard build.

Attachment: 85.45 KB
HPIM1784.jpg

Re: Custom Landgraf
Michael Eging wrote:
I wanted to share my latest acquisition, so I hope you all don't mind!

I love to see people's toys, Michael, and I'm certain I'm not the only one who does! Nice execution on that grip and scabbard - as usual from Christian.

I have the Albion standard-issue Landgraf - really a neat sword. A bit of a spirited personality, with the engraved pommel and the pierced cross.

Hope you enjoy it!
:eek: I don't know any other way to say it, but that is just about the most beautiful sword that I've seen. Really.

I think that the gothic style hilt really complements the blade type. Not to mention the cross on the pommel.
Your Latest Acquisition
Hey Mike, the sword, scabbard and rigging are all very beautiful, culminating together in one fine piece of art!

I am real new but invested enough to get myself a real serious start, went right for the premium production stuff. I just can't seem to get enough of all this and was delighted to see your "Oh so very fine acquisition". Thank you for sharing, I too enjoy seeing other people's toys.

Congratulations and Happy Collecting!

Bob

Awesome!
I absolutely love that configuration. Having seen 2 or 3 examples of Christian's Gothic Wrap package in-hand, I can say that, while he did a wonderful job with it, it never really seemed to fully fit the sword on which it was put. This sword with this treatment looks absolutely fantastic. I think it's a real winner. When I saw it on the site originally, I thought, "Who's sword is that?" with a bit of jealousy...

Cheers
Oh wow! Love that gothic work! And what better than the Landgraf to put it on! I've always enjoyed salivating over Christian's work but this takes the cake!
I too loved the look of this dressed up landgraf. The gothic wrap just seems perfect on this sword. As a matter of fact it's my wallpaper on my desktop right now. When I finally get some cash together I need to get one! Congratulations on a beautiful weapon!
I'll be odd-man-out here. There is something I can't put my finger on that I just don't like. Perhaps the grip should be more hock-bottle shaped. The standard grip profile seems to have been kept, and the lines look a little odd to me.

Brian M
Very nice and attractive package.
Brian M wrote:
I'll be odd-man-out here. There is something I can't put my finger on that I just don't like. Perhaps the grip should be more hock-bottle shaped. The standard grip profile seems to have been kept, and the lines look a little odd to me.

Argh. I see you point. That's a good observation. I still quite like it, but think it would be even better if the top, wire-wrapped, portion tapered to a thinner profile. Many of these two-piece grips have quite different profiles for each section.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Argh. I see your point. That's a good observation. I still quite like it, but think it would be even better if the top, wire-wrapped, portion tapered to a thinner profile. Many of these two-piece grips have quite different profiles for each section.

Yeah, at least from what I've seen that's the case. But of course my experience is limited.

Brian M
I'll be honest...

Every time I see a "Gothic" hand and and a half they look like crap. However, that is pretty frigging sweet! I never thought abut the Landgraf in that sort of configuration, yet it's totally at home with it!
Absolutly awsome man. Congrats on great taste!
[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]
Now that I like. I've never seen a Landgraf that I prefered over the Sempach until now.

Extremely cool.
Wow. I mean just wow.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I absolutely love that configuration. Having seen 2 or 3 examples of Christian's Gothic Wrap package in-hand, I can say that, while he did a wonderful job with it, it never really seemed to fully fit the sword on which it was put. This sword with this treatment looks absolutely fantastic. I think it's a real winner. When I saw it on the site originally, I thought, "Who's sword is that?" with a bit of jealousy...

Cheers

Hi Nathan,

I've had the pleasure of handling Mike's sword and it is one fine weapon. The custom additions add something special that's for sure. Now I just have to get my Svante so I wont feel jelous anymore. :D
[ Linked Image ]
Custom Landgraf
I guess this one is a keeper! I had seen the execution on other weapons as well, and they usually looked on the cheesy side. But when I saw it on the Landgraf, I kep coming back to it over and over -- until I couldn't imagine it any other way. And as Gary notes, when handling, the grip is a sweet compliment to the Landgraf's other handling attributes.
Now that's impressive :eek: Very nice!
Drooling....errr, very nice sword!
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: