Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where should I post a personal recommendation? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Where should I post a personal recommendation?         Reply with quote

I have purchased several items second hand off the classifeds here. This last time out I took a small chance purchasing an item from a gentlemen that I did not really know and also had not been here for any extended period of time. Everything turned out perfectly and I am very pleased with my purchase. The thought occurs to me that it might be worthwhile to be able to have a place where we can mention those with who we have a smooth transaction so others who may purchase from them in the future are not flying blind? Would it be just putting a reply to the bottom of a "sold" thread? What if the item was never listed on the classifieds? What if it is a good transaction with a business that we feel is worth noting? Some forums have a "good bad and ugly" forum. Not suggesting that is necessary but just wondering...

Thanks,

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

An addition to the bottom of the marketplace thread makes sense to me... shows the cradle-to-grave cycle of the transaction, keeps everything together...

My thoughts, anyway... I've done this before - should every time, I suppose. I've done a bit of business as a consumer via the marketplace here and have been happy each time.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've always felt it a good idea to post a final post on a topic in the Marketplace discussing the completed transaction. This is one of the reasons the marketplace topics are kept there: to keep a record of what's been sold. If you look at the Marketplace Rules, we say "If you've bought an item from somebody who posted on the Marketplace forum, we encourage you to follow-up the topic with a post describing your buying experience. This helps others in future transactions with the same seller."
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I've always felt it a good idea to post a final post on a topic in the Marketplace discussing the completed transaction. This is one of the reasons the marketplace topics are kept there: to keep a record of what's been sold. If you look at the Marketplace Rules, we say "If you've bought an item from somebody who posted on the Marketplace forum, we encourage you to follow-up the topic with a post describing your buying experience. This helps others in future transactions with the same seller."

Greetings Nathan Robinson, I will follow your lead. I don't know if I have done it yet or not but I will post in the MarketPlace my sincere satisfaction with business done there. I have built most of my collection with" previously owned" items and the kudos is well earned. Big Grin Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Patrick:
I saw that you created a new topic on the marketplace with your notes. here is the text that you used:

Quote:
Greetings All, As the risk of repeating myself, I have purchased swords from Ray Deanconna, Lloyd Clark and Gary Gryzbeck. All of these gentlemen were a pleasure to deal with as well as providing most excellent additions to my collection. This off the cuff so if I mispelled a name please let me know. If I forgot somebody, please let me know and I will add you as I know I bought a really nice DT 2104 here. To sum it all up, I have not had a "bad" deal here yet.
In this day and time, many of us may not be able to purchase brand new. The "previously owned" market keeps things going. Somebody gets what they want, somebody can get what want etc. Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin

The appropriate place for this text would be as a post in the existing topic for each transaction, not as a new topic. That way visitors can look at old transactions and "see how they went". I'm sorry for the confusion...

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sure, but what about if you purchased something from someone who did not place their add in the classifieds? Yet it perhaps it is still someone that it might benefit other members of this forum to know about? Not enough of a value add to worry about it perhaps?
Patrick Kelly

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Sure, but what about if you purchased something from someone who did not place their add in the classifieds? Yet it perhaps it is still someone that it might benefit other members of this forum to know about? Not enough of a value add to worry about it perhaps?

If an add wasn't placed in the classifieds a response doesn't belong in the classifieds. It's not a discussion forum. Putting a comment in the Off-Topic forum should work.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Russ Ellis wrote:

If an add wasn't placed in the classifieds a response doesn't belong in the classifieds. It's not a discussion forum. Putting a comment in the Off-Topic forum should work.

Cool. Okay I'll do that!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where should I post a personal recommendation?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic