Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Those guys in Minneapolis Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Those guys in Minneapolis         Reply with quote

Considering the discussion on market niches and all that, I would like to remind people of the fine work Arms & Armor is capable of.

With Albion and custom guys like Vince Evans and Erik Stevenson around, the sword fan of today has much to be happy for.

My sword site
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

One of the nicest modern rapiers I've seen......Also by Arms & Armor

Attachment: 36.78 KB
Behold! Craig Johnson's done it again.jpg

Last edited by Stephen A. Fisher on Fri 05 Dec, 2003 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And this:

Click for larger version

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stop it, guys! You're just making me get all impatient for my custom rapier from A&A to arrive! (which I've only recently arranged, so I've got a bit of a wait yet...)
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 05 Dec, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Service is worth mentioning as well. every time I call to order something, they alway give me so time to chat. Makes for a very nice experience.

Lets also remeber the Oakeshott Institute, a nice project for the community.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 06 Dec, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes A&A fills an integral place in the maket with their attention to impact weapons and spears that are SO importantant for an understanding of medieval war fare. Swords are but a portion of the medieval arms. Jeremy
Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Big Grin Greetings All, I will add my thumbs up for Arms & Armor. I have just accquired my third A&A. A Shifford Viking sword. I purchased this sword "previously owned". I informed Craig Johnson of this yet he still took the time to provide me with a picture of the original and information on it's whereabouts as well as being most congradulatory about my getting it. His emails are always very informantive and friendly. They are truly interested in their work. Their work itself is most satifying to own. From my limited experience, when you consider all the factors, they are still one of the best values on the market. They also offer a payment plan which I haven't seen anywhere else. That is a real help for some of us trying to work our way up the "collecting ladder". Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ahh so you are the lucky guy that picked up the Shifford here? I was angling for it a little but I just purchased the Arms and Armor Irish sword also previously owned so I just didn't have the cash in hand. That was a heck of a good deal. Ahh well something else will undoubtedly come along. It's good to jump on an Arms and Armor piece if it comes up used because it doesn't happen all that often. Happy
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi All,
Bjorn,
The second pic you posted is that the one from their custom page(is it yours),
Also myself been drooling over their new knighty sword

Attachment: 41.93 KB
194gall2.jpg

Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Mon 08 Dec, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Ahh so you are the lucky guy that picked up the Shifford here? I was angling for it a little but I just purchased the Arms and Armor Irish sword also previously owned so I just didn't have the cash in hand. That was a heck of a good deal. Ahh well something else will undoubtedly come along. It's good to jump on an Arms and Armor piece if it comes up used because it doesn't happen all that often. Happy
Greetings Russ Ellis, Yes sir, thats me. Big Grin I am really happy with it. Its going to be real hard to top it in the Viking department. I also own an A&A Irish sword. You did real good on yours if I remember right. I watched it for awhile but couldn't justify having two. I agree, it is real hard not to buy them used when you find them. I am really suprised no one bought Karl Kinsley's on SFI. His price got really good. Of course, one has to remember their collecting criteria, which may be a blessing in disguise for the pocketbook and the one that you really want that always shows up later. Wink Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Patrick,

Yes, I watched that one on the classifieds a bit and as you say the price got really good. However I just could not get past the bronze fittings. I've never cared for them and only one sword in my collection has them. All my Arms and Armor pieces are going to be black and silver.

Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greetings Russ Ellis, I agree, the bronze fittings held me up too. When I started almost everything had brass fittings. Then I started getting some with steel fittings. That was the end of it. I have three that aren't steel, everything else is. The Shifford brought another glitch in with it. Big Grin It has a brown grip. Don't get me wrong. I love black. But now there is a bit more color amongst my swords and I like it. Oh no, where will this lead me? Eek! Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ and Patrick,
I'd have more bronze hilted pieces in my collection if I could. Happy I love the contrast between the hilt and the blade.

It's poor man's gilding... Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Chad,

I've got this JPH shortsword... Happy To be honest Patrick that Brown grip held me up on that Shifford to some extent too. Don't get me wrong I like other color grips on some of my other stuff, but my Arms and Armor set I want to be all silver and black. It's a collector thing...

Shawn Mulock

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: A&A         Reply with quote

I have to chime in and say that my experience with A&A so far has been very good. Craig has been very helpful and I can hardly wait for my order to clear the scabbard making process so as I can have it in my hot mitts sometime in the New Year. Big Grin
"It is not what you have, but what you have done".
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've got an order getting very close too. Its almost a dialy struggle to keep from bothering them.

Is it done yet?

How's it coming?

etc....etc....etc....

I've been pretty good so far, but I really am like a kid at Christmas time again! Big Grin

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greetings Chad, I have to agree there is something to be said for the blend of bronze, steel and leather. If I had the spare funds, I probaly would have bought it and found myself liking that one alot too. Big Grin

Greeting Russ Ellis, Yes sir, we all have a collecting thing or two. Wink I have a mental picture of a broad variety of A&A's, all steel with black grips. That is going to be very impressive. Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Those guys in Minneapolis
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic