New Pattern Welded Seax (No longer available)
Hi All,

Just finished a small pattern-welded seax inspired by the small seax's from the Birka burials. It is made of 1095 and L6. The fittings are sterling silver, and the grip is maple.

Overall Length: 11.75" (29.8 cm)
Blade Length: 7.5" (19.1 cm)
Blade Width at Grip: 1" (2.54 cm)

I can make a simple sheath for it for $100 or a period sheath for $250-300 depending on your desires.

I do take paypal. If you are interested contact me at eric@albionarmorers.com or PM me. You can also contact Mike at 888.806.4356.

Best,

Eric

Click to for larger view:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Last edited by Eric McHugh on Wed 10 Aug, 2005 9:01 am; edited 5 times in total
I like that buddy. I like that a lot!
I prefer the long blades, myself. But the seax looks beautifully done, Eric. I particularly like the detailed file(?) work on the back of the blade.
Well...
Steve Grisetti wrote:
I prefer the long blades, myself. But the seax looks beautifully done, Eric. I particularly like the detailed file(?) work on the back of the blade.

I am working on a longer seax (12-14" blade length, I think) made of W1. It will have a Silver wire wrap and a wing-nut style rivet block in pure iron. That one will be done sometime next week. There is also a mono-steel version of the pattern welded one above that I will have done this week (hopefully).

I have about 3 projects for customers that are nearing completion so I am concentrating on those, but when I need a break I sneak in a seax, so these estimates are kinda tentative.
Very nicely done.
Yes, yes,

I can see I'll need one of those in the future ;)
Wow Eric! Very very nice.
Well thanks!
Thanks! I appreciate it.

It has been a busy spring and summer. I moved my shop and that took forever to set-up (still doing it actually), but I finally have stuff coming to fruition.
Really pretty! Do you have a price in mind?

Gordon
Very nicely done Eric, it is great to see such a solid period mount job.

Shane
Hi Hugh,

It looks great. I especially like your comment, but when I need a break I sneak in a seax. :)

Jeff

(BTW What are you looking for the seax?)
Price for similar piece
I just sold this piece, but I could make a similar one in pattern-weld for $850 with $200-250 for a period sheath. A leather travel sheath would be $100

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: