My new Albion Next Generation Knigt, with pictures.
A few days ago I recieved my Albion Next Generation Knight. I could go on and on about this sword, and would if I didn't have a dinner to get ready for. Patrick Kelly did a fantastic review of this sword, which says everything I could say, and more. It can be found here.

There is some rust/patina on the pommel and guard. The sword was in transit for 3 weeks, so it was to be expected. I could get rid of it, but I like the aged look on swords, and guards and pommels are bound to get some patina after while, and together with the lightbrown, or campaing-worn grip, I think it gives the sword a little bit extra.

I'm not a very good photographer, but here are a few pictures I just took. Enjoy. :)

Attachment: 59.19 KB
AlbionKnight001.jpg

Attachment: 52.95 KB
AlbionKnight002.jpg

Attachment: 46.37 KB
AlbionKnight003.jpg

Attachment: 67.59 KB
AlbionKnight004.jpg

Attachment: 76.85 KB
AlbionKnight005.jpg

Attachment: 61.99 KB
AlbionKnight006.jpg

Sweetness :) I had a hard time choosing between this one and the Squire. Elegant yet wickedly businesslike.
Very nice looking sword you have there.
Very nice!

Are you going to sacrafice that beach mat it's laying on? :D
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Very nice!

Are you going to sacrafice that beach mat it's laying on? :D

I can get similair mats for 70-80 eurocents a piece. :D

However, they are pretty rough, and will scratch up the blade's surface a lot faster then normal tatami.
She's a beauty Thomas
Congratulations Thomas! What a bebautiful sword. I know with Albion's quality and attention to detail, this one will bewith you for a long time. Enjoy!

Joel

P.S. Cool ! I didn't know there were eurocents!
Re: She's a beauty Thomas
Joel Whitmore wrote:
Congratulations Thomas! What a bebautiful sword. I know with Albion's quality and attention to detail, this one will bewith you for a long time. Enjoy!

Joel

P.S. Cool ! I didn't know there were eurocents!

Well, some people still say euro-cents. I don't. I'm guessing that in the US you guys just say cents, not dollar-cents. But I thought it would clarify things a bit.
Nice pictures. Lighting could be improved. (The feet in pic 1 are unforgiveable though. :lol:)
Those are minor issues as this isn't about pictures, it's about the sword. In that sense, the pictures work really good.
The use of structured backgrounds enhances the size and dimensions of the swords, and works much better than a plain background IMHO. Just my 2 eurocents. Hehe.

I don't know if I should thank you for this, but those pictures have made me realize that I need a Next Gen Knight too. :\ I'll have to reshuffle my wishlist. Again. *sigh*
Anton de Vries wrote:
Nice pictures. Lighting could be improved. (The feet in pic 1 are unforgiveable though. :lol:)
Those are minor issues as this isn't about pictures, it's about the sword. In that sense, the pictures work really good.
The use of structured backgrounds enhances the size and dimensions of the swords, and works much better than a plain background IMHO. Just my 2 eurocents. Hehe.

I don't know if I should thank you for this, but those pictures have made me realize that I need a Next Gen Knight too. :\ I'll have to reshuffle my wishlist. Again. *sigh*

I prefer the structured background myself too. I've tried a plain white background once, the pictures didn't come out nice.

But like you said, this were just some shots to show the sword. I'm a good photographer yet, still learning all the 'how-too'. As for the feet.... is these were shots for say a review, then yeah, I'd be kicking myself. I didn't realize they were on the picture untill I saw them on the computer. :(

Anyway, I can't blame you for wanting one too. It really is such a fantastic sword.
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
Anton de Vries wrote:
...The use of structured backgrounds enhances the size and dimensions of the swords, and works much better than a plain background IMHO...

I prefer the structured background myself too. I've tried a plain white background once, the pictures didn't come out nice.

... As for the feet.... is these were shots for say a review, then yeah, I'd be kicking myself. I didn't realize they were on the picture untill I saw them on the computer. :(

Congratulations! The sword looks like a beauty. I agree that the structured background is an enhancement to the pictures. As for the feet, it should be easy to crop those out of the picture using standard photo editing software that often comes with the computer.
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
Anton de Vries wrote:
...The use of structured backgrounds enhances the size and dimensions of the swords, and works much better than a plain background IMHO...

... As for the feet.... is these were shots for say a review, then yeah, I'd be kicking myself. I didn't realize they were on the picture untill I saw them on the computer. :(

Congratulations! The sword looks like a beauty. I agree that the structured background is an enhancement to the pictures. As for the feet, it should be easy to crop those out of the picture using standard photo editing software that often comes with the computer.

I could've cropped them out, no problem, but I was in a hurry that evening.
What's really annoying, is that I bought I new oiling-rag. I figured I got a new sword, I could use a new/extra rag. But man, what a low-quality rag. I've had to re-oil it a few times now, and I've only had it for 5 days. I'm going to have to completely clean the blade of all oil with some denatured alcohol this week.

The new rag left a lot of lint on the blade, and this morning I even noticed a few patches were it looked as it there wasn't any oil on the blade at all. I gave it a quick rundown with my seasoned rag, atleast now it has a proper coat.
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
The new rag left a lot of lint on the blade, and this morning I even noticed a few patches were it looked as it there wasn't any oil on the blade at all. I gave it a quick rundown with my seasoned rag, atleast now it has a proper coat.

A good oil rag is hard to come by. I had one that was just about "seasoned" properly, and it got tossed mistakenly during a recent thorough cleaning. I was far from amused... That new one will break in eventually - use it for heavy cleaning before you wipe the sword down with the seasoned one, and it'll be right soon.

That Knight is just such a fun piece - went out and cut a little with it this morning to try to work out the storm aches out of my shoulder (Dennis is coming)... always a fun time. Playtime got cut short by impending rain, though... :wtf:
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:

use it for heavy cleaning before you wipe the sword down with the seasoned one, and it'll be right soon.

That Knight is just such a fun piece - went out and cut a little with it this morning to try to work out the storm aches out of my shoulder (Dennis is coming)... always a fun time. Playtime got cut short by impending rain, though... :wtf:

Now there's a though! Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks for advice Aaron!! :D

And yeah, since I was 'forced' to handle it so much the last few days to clean it (;)) my love for this sword has only grown more.
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

That Knight is just such a fun piece - went out and cut a little with it this morning

Aaaaargh. Please stop it. I just don't have the cash right now.

Btw I hope everyone realizes that the Next Gen Baron is a mandatory purchase for those foolish enough to have bought a Knight. IMHO. :lol:
Anton de Vries wrote:

Btw I hope everyone realizes that the Next Gen Baron is a mandatory purchase for those foolish enough to have bought a Knight. IMHO. :lol:

:D Just did it again... Me - 30, Noodles - 0. Love my Knight.

Baron's 3rd on my list - after the Hersir and the Svante. But we're getting off topic here... ;)
Anton de Vries wrote:
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

That Knight is just such a fun piece - went out and cut a little with it this morning

Don't get me started. I'm already contemplating what's next. Gaddhjalt, Baron?? Or save up again for something custom. Been a while since I got a custom piece.
Very nice sword, Thomas. I have yet to see one in person, but every photo I've seen of the Knight ranks it higher and higher on my must-have list! You're right, Patrick's review of the Knight was very well-done. Is this your first Albion sword?
Edward Hitchens wrote:
Very nice sword, Thomas. I have yet to see one in person, but every photo I've seen of the Knight ranks it higher and higher on my must-have list! You're right, Patrick's review of the Knight was very well-done. Is this your first Albion sword?

Yes, the Knight is my first Albion, however I expect it won't be the last. :)
Thomas Hoogendam wrote:
Edward Hitchens wrote:

Yes, the Knight is my first Albion, however I expect it won't be the last. :)

It wouldn't be my first, but may be my next! :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: