Refurbishment service?
:?:
Hey everyone, Ive been looking all over the internet and I cant seem to find anyone that will refurbish(clean polish, sharpen) an old sword that I was given. Along with that does anyone know of a company or person that will accomodate this and the making of a new hilt for it?

Thank You very Much & and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Kristian,

Welcome to the forum.

Depending on your location, there are usually crafts people that can do restorative services. This can range a lot in price, depending on the sword. Another consideration is what value the sword has as is.

Antiques can loose value, with haphazard restoration but some may gain value by good work. It really depends a lot on the individual piece. Can you share with us what type of sword you are mentioning and any information you have gathered so far?

There is a fellow in California that can help with 19th-20th century military swords. http://cds.cds1.net/~nardi/swords/
That is the only link I have handy for restoration of fairly recent swords. I know thre are more but they don't seem to advertise much.

There are several folk capable of dealing with other swords but letting us know what you have will
help guide any more suggestions.

I do suggest you do nothing with it until you have an idea of what you have.

Cheers

GC
Re: Refurbishment service?
Kristian T. wrote:
Hey everyone, Ive been looking all over the internet and I cant seem to find anyone that will refurbish(clean polish, sharpen) an old sword that I was given. Along with that does anyone know of a company or person that will accomodate this and the making of a new hilt for it?

Hi Kristian, do you know anything about the sword in question? What kind is it or how old?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: