Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > NextGen ntroductory prices are extended Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: NextGen ntroductory prices are extended         Reply with quote

Nathan suggested that I post this separately, so here it is:

Introductory prices are extended for registered members (only) of myArmoury.com until January 15th on the NextGen Medieval line.

http://albionarmorers.com/swords/albion/nextgen.htm

Happy Holidays!

Howy & Amy
Albion

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Manny G

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oooh, neat.

Serious? Laughing Out Loud

If my name shows up on this post, I'm registered correct?

This might help some, because Christmas money doesn't appear 'til a bit later...
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

WOO HOO!! You just made my day!
In light of some recent posts, I would just like to say (and I think I'm safe in saying I speak for just about everyone here), Thank You.
Thank you for everything that you do; from the open and warm ways that you interact with us here; the passion, dedication and attention to detail that shows in your works; and for the care, attention, (and patience! Wink ) that you show every customer, whether they've been buying from you for years or contemplating their first purchase. Not only do you guys make (and sell) wonderful arms and armour, everything else that you do makes them that much more special.

Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think we can all agree that when Albion and Peter Johnsson hooked up with each other, it was a great day for the sword community.
James Byrnes

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Umm Thanks, I Think!         Reply with quote

Hmm great day for sword collectors, maybe... but bad day for sword collectors bank accounts!!!! Seriously though, I really like this new line and hope it is a sign of good things to come .

James Byrnes

"Farewell sweet friend, I was a thousand times more evil than thou. "

Rocky Mountain Historical Combat Guild
All Saints Blades
Brian M

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

...and a dark day for our credit card bills! Sad
But seriously, it is nice to see the complete lineup in advance. My favorites of the Medieval line, in no particular order, are: Norman, Knight, Baron, and Duke. Also, though a bit outside my particular tastes, I think the Landgraf and Viceroy will be particularly striking when realized. Especially the blade design on the Viceroy. It's gratifying to see some seldom-reproduced swords here, like the XVI and XVII.
I will be reserving a Knight and Baron between now and Jan 15.

Brian M
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
I think we can all agree that when Albion and Peter Johnsson hooked up with each other, it was a great day for the sword community.

I proud to say that I had a small part in that. When I started hosting pics of Peter's stuff on my website and talking about it on Sword Forum, Howy was quick to recognize the excellence evident. At first, the idea was for Albion to sell Peter's hand-made stuff, but the prices would've been prohibitive and the workload might have been too much for Peter. This way, we're getting the best of two worlds - excellent swords at reasonable prices. The asking price (USD 1000) can be compared with a Marto wallhanger (USD 300 or so) - one gets more than thrice the value out of an Albion PJ.

My sword site
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The swords are wonderful.

I'm also very impressed with the astute marketing.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Howy! Do you know at this time how many more designs will end up being unveiled between now and Jan 15th? Hmmm, now how much will I have to save to get one of each.... Wink
"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Maly wrote:
Thanks for the offer Howy! Do you know at this time how many more designs will end up being unveiled between now and Jan 15th? Hmmm, now how much will I have to save to get one of each.... Wink

Hey Steve,

To the best of my knowledge, this is it for now. We won't be setting up any other designs until we get these 13 completed. It's pretty ambitious, considering we have a greated number of FilmSwords to design and produce in the same 6 month time period. It's an average of almost 3 per month, so we'll have our hands full with these and trying to keep up with backorders.

Jason Dingledine
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A question... I don't suppose that reduced price extension extends to the Sture sword?
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Wed 03 Dec, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Dingledine wrote:

Hey Steve,

To the best of my knowledge, this is it for now. We won't be setting up any other designs until we get these 13 completed. It's pretty ambitious, considering we have a greated number of FilmSwords to design and produce in the same 6 month time period. It's an average of almost 3 per month, so we'll have our hands full with these and trying to keep up with backorders.

Thanks Jason,

That means that I can settle down and make some very difficult choices. Decisions, decisions...

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > NextGen ntroductory prices are extended
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic