Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Contest -- this one is a little different... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next 
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: New Contest -- this one is a little different...         Reply with quote

We are having special contest -- help us develop a new marketing message and win the Albion Mark Next Generation Sword of your choiice!

Go here for contest details:

http://albion-swords.com/contest-identity.htm

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New Contest -- this one is a little different...         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
We are having special contest -- help us develop a new marketing message and win the Albion Mark Next Generation Sword of your choiice!

Best,

Howy

I'm not completely sure what you're asking for, but it sounds like you're trying to replace your current slogan, which appears to be "Exceptional Swords for Exceptional People."

Am I correct in this assumption?

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I also am not sure what you're looking for, Howy. There's so many deliverables contained in the context of a "marketing message" that I think you need to be more clear about what you're seeking. Are you looking for a new concept for a forthcoming marketing campaign? A tagline for your corporate identity? A headline to an advertisement? A tagline for a product line or specific product? A headline for a point of purchase display for trade shows, etc? There's a lot of other possibilities, too, but I've shared enough to show you what I mean. Further, the context might need be better refined if you're choosing a specific campaigned geared towards a certain demographic. Identity work is so much different than marketing work. Marketing work is always targeted towards a specific goal, audience, and campaign theme.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm a little unclear on exactly what you want, too. But.......I already sent my 2 cents in. If it's the wrong path I'm on, I'll resend the winner......I mean.......my other 2 cents. Wink mcm.
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howy,

It might help everyone wrap their heads around this if they saw as an example your existing "marketing message".
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: New Contest -- this one is a little different...         Reply with quote

Jeremiah Swanger wrote:

I'm not completely sure what you're asking for, but it sounds like you're trying to replace your current slogan, which appears to be "Exceptional Swords for Exceptional People."

I went ahead and sent something to Albion, operating off of the above assumption. If it's wrong, I'll just try again.

But, you know, I just thought of something terrible...

...I'm not really sure I want to win...

... because there is simply no chance in Hades I'll be able to narrow my selection down to just ONE Albion NexGen sword!

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: New Contest -- this one is a little different...         Reply with quote

Jeremiah Swanger wrote:
Howard Waddell wrote:

Best,

Howy

Some people call it a catch phrase or a tag line -- and it encompasses everything from "Good to the last drop" to something longer and more complex.

It is a statement of who the company is and what it offers to its customers, that differentiates the company from others on the market and makes people lean toward chosing that company instead of the competition.

We have used "Exceptional Swords for Exceptional People" (which never seemed to resonate) for a couple of years and on the NextGen line "History in the Palm of Your Hand." We thought about shortening the latter to just "History in Your Hand" but I am not sure it says enough to separate us from all of the import retailers...

Does that help? The entries we have gotten so far show that at least those folks get the concept. Based on the questions above, I'll go back and try to amplify the contest page a little to try to do a better job. Thanks!

Thanks,

howy

Albion Swords Ltd
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howy!
Do you mean a new Slogan, if i understand it right Happy

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
Howy!
Do you mean a new Slogan, if i understand it right Happy

Some companies can reduce it down to a catch phrase or a tag line (and that can work if you find the right words), though it is much more than that. Some people describe it as an "elevator talk" -- a pitch line that gets attention, encapsulates what your business can do for a potential customer, all in the time it takes to get from one floor to another on an elevator.
Imagine you are surfing on Google or MSN -- what words would you want to see as a potential customer that would cause you to click on the Albion link instead of another link? It may be a catch phrase (if we are lucky enough to find something that works and boil a pretty complex thing down into a few words) or it may be longer.

The most important thing is that it is a statement about the company that could be used on the web page, advertising, even business cards that says "this is who we are and why you want to come to us."

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: This might help some...context if you will.         Reply with quote

Albion Armorers Mission Statement

Driven by the ideals of the Code of Chivalry, Albion Armorers International Inc. strives for excellence in the manufacture and sale of historical replicas of uncompromising quality, crafted with an eye toward authenticity. We treat our worldwide customers, our staff, and our board members and investors with the utmost respect, and hold honor and dignity in high regard.

http://albion-swords.com/mission.htm

Values Statement:

Albion is about Fairness, Honesty and Integrity, Quality in people and products, Fun, Respect, and Individual as well as Community Support.

Honesty and Integrity: We seek to honor our commitments to both our own people and to customers, suppliers, and the community. We do our best to be honorable and reliable. Our people and our customers can rely on our word.

Fairness: We strive to treat fairly our people, our customers, our suppliers, our shareholders, and the governments and communities in which we operate.

Quality in People and Products: A member of the Albion family is one of the best in his or her field, or strives to be, and will be. Because our people are of quality, they understand Albion's product quality mission. Absolutely anything that is created behind the Albion name is created behind the individual's name - and must live up to the expectations of both. "It's good enough," is not a term in our vocabulary.

Fun: Fun is being intellectually excited and challenged. It's interacting with one another - learning from each other - improving ourselves and helping our colleagues to improve as well. It's one idea leading to another. It's the struggle when things don't go well, and the delight when it all comes together. Working together as a team - solving problems, celebrating solutions and good times, and being there for each other... This encompasses a day in the life of Albion family.

Respect: Each member of the Albion family respects the others and their work, respects the company, and its mission. The respect that we hold for our customers shows in our work, and in how we treat each individual - for we are in business because they allow us to be in business.

Individual and Community Support: Albion will do what it can to help support its community, and when called upon, will take action to assist in any way that it can. Albion supports each and every individual family member, professionally and personally. We strive to assist each person in their growth with the company, as well as in their overall growth.

http://albion-swords.com/values.htm

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey, I know! Idea How about my signature message below? (It works for the Order of the Garter Razz )

Cool idea for a contest, Howy, though I share the same opinion with Jeremiah; How could I possibly pick just ONE NextGen sword?! (eenie -- meenie -- miney -- moe ....) -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for another innovative contest!

I wonder how many entries will match mine exactly?

Wouldn't y'all rather close the contest tonight? Razz

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
David Etienne

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi,

We're now in june, and I wondered if you were near a final decision concerning the winner of this contest.

Best wishes,

David
Chris Lampe

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes, I've been watching this site and Albion's this morning.

I was thinking that June 1st was the day the winner would be announced.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chris Lampe wrote:
Yes, I've been watching this site and Albion's this morning.

I was thinking that June 1st was the day the winner would be announced.

The contest web page says a winner will be announced in June 2005, but does not mention a day.

Patience, people. They have all month. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
David Etienne

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Patience, people. They have all month. Happy

I have not : I'll be on holiday from June 17th to July 3rd Big Grin

David
Ryan A. C.

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jun, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Whoever wins this one is one lucky......

Not only is Albion being nice enough to give some lucky person a free sword, but their personal favorite of the lineup!
Bruce Wilson

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:
Hey, I know! Idea How about my signature message below? (It works for the Order of the Garter Razz )

Cool idea for a contest, Howy, though I share the same opinion with Jeremiah; How could I possibly pick just ONE NextGen sword?! (eenie -- meenie -- miney -- moe ....) -Ted

Ummm, Edward, isn't that "Honi soit qui mal y pense" ??

...and somehow I'm not all that sure the Crown and the Order of the Garter would be willing to share that as a motto!!

Wink Big Grin
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy So this contest are over, well! i try to think out something but that end up in nothing more then,
Big Grin "Albion's swords are not replicas, they are more like NOS" Big Grin
Then some Swedish TREO's later i dump that Laughing Out Loud

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Since I will be extremely busy for the rest of the week with our fayre, I was hoping that Howie could give us a hint on who, if anyone, won? Big Grin
Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Contest -- this one is a little different...
Page 1 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: