Updated: Anatomy of the Sword
I recently updated our "Anatomy of the Sword" page, adding a longsword and saber to it.

Please have a look: Anatomy of the Sword

If there are any errors, please feel free to PM me and I'll make the appropriate changes.

Cheers.
Rounds it out nicely, Nathan... good basic side-by-side reference. This will be really a useful reference for me during presentations or the Round Table events if someone has questions.

Though I am noteably caffeine-deficient and still quite snowed from a lack of sleep, I did check it over, and didn't see any issues.
Jonathon Janusz suggested I do a detailed hilt illustration for the Viking Age sword and so I just added that to the page.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

As before, if you find any errors or want to make further suggestions, please PM me about them.
Looks great, Nathan! :eek:

That will prove especially beneficial as the popularity and demand for longswords and sabers continues to increase. Well done!

Ted
I just wanted to give the head's up that I have added a Scottish basket-hilt to this page. It took me a few hours to draw the thing and label it, but I think I've got everything down correctly. Check it out:

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Wow very nice! How do you make those drawings? Do you do them by hand or on a computer? Looks great anyway! The basket-gilt has alot of detail.

Great stuff!
-Michael F.
Michael F. wrote:
Wow very nice! How do you make those drawings? Do you do them by hand or on a computer? Looks great anyway! The basket-gilt has alot of detail.

I drew the basket-hilt illustrations freehand within Photoshop. I make them quite large and then size them down, which hides a lot of flaws let me tell you. :) I'm just starting to get comfortable doing this sort of thing here, but people have been very encouraging so I feel better about it lately.
That's pretty cool having them all there side by side. It makes things a little easier. Nice work!

pax
Nathan,

The Scottish basket hilt is great, it clears up the nomenclature nicely for me, and since I haven't said this before, I love the colour choices for this site, the brown on grey and black on gray are awfully easy on the eyes. Thanks!
Nathan,

Thank you for posting this. It is clear and concise - an excellent reference.

David

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: