Review: Albion Armorers Riding Sword
I purchased the sword in September from Albion Armorers, and received it from Christian Fletcher, who made the scabbard and a Baldric, mid November. I was looking for a short sword, and Albion's offering pleased me most, especially with the sale going on.

Statistics:
Length over all: 82 cm (ca. 32.5")
Blade length: 65 cm (ca. 26")
Blade width at base: 4 cm (ca. 1.6")
PoB: 10 cm from the hilt (ca.4")
CoP: 44 cm (ca 17")
Weigh: 950 g (ca. 2 lbs)

The fitting are blackend, the leather is brown (looks a bit black on the pictures).
The sword is not only very light, almost like a feather, and well balanced, it is also incredible fast and manoeuvrable, a very capable back-up sword or day-to-day-carry sword. It cuts quite well, better than I would expect from such a elegant and small sword, a great little sword. ;)
The scabbard is a historical scabbard made by Christian Fletcher, and perfectly fitted to the sword. It is very, very light while remaining strong.
I really love both the sword and the scabbard/Baldric. They are all of very high quality, well made, well finished. I can only chime in into the choir and recommend both makers wholeheartedly.

Some pictures (without the Baldric):

In the scabbard
[ Linked Image ]

The blade
[ Linked Image ]

The hilt
[ Linked Image ]

The scabbard-throat
[ Linked Image ]

And finally a comparison with a single-hand Atrim sword (peacefully united ;)):

[ Linked Image ]

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but we didn't have a day withou fog in over a week now, and so the light wasn't very helpful. For better pictures of the sword just check out the "Ride Away with a New Sword Contest!"-thread
im a man of few words but this one comes to mind "WOW"
Your photos are excellent, Markus. Thank you.
Looks like a nice package you have there.
I want it so bad! If only I wasn't a 17 year-old, making 7 dollars an hour. It's too bad they're only making 25. Does anyone have any idea why?
Taylor David Bolinger wrote:
I want it so bad! If only I wasn't a 17 year-old, making 7 dollars an hour. It's too bad they're only making 25. Does anyone have any idea why?

Maybe they don't like us? :lol: I never made 7 bucks an hour when I was 17! Uphill both ways! Seriously though, I'd suggest you enter the contest since this sword is the prize, but I don't want anybody else to win. :D
J. Padgett wrote:
...Seriously though, I'd suggest you enter the contest since this sword is the prize, but I don't want anybody else to win. :D

Shhh! Keep it down, I am going to win that sword...

DOH! Now I am just attracting attention to this thread :)

Martin
Oh I already did, thats for sure. Sweet Jesus it's amazing.

P.S. the spell check function is really cool.
Taylor David Bolinger wrote:
P.S. the spell check function is really cool.

It certainly saves me from looking any more stupid than I already do!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: