Fiore
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Squire Line Bastard
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 73

Favorite Albion XVa
At one time if you wanted to find a XVa replica, you had very few choices. Now with the Albion Next Gen line, we are inundated with them. What is your favorite XVa of the current and projected Albion line?

My pick - the Castellan. I own this sword and it may be the finest one in my collection.

2nd choice - the Talhoffer

http://albion-swords.com/swords/albion/swords...extgen.htm

Last edited by Roger Hooper on Sat 23 Apr, 2005 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Definitely the Fiore. I love the wheel pommel and downturned cross, and the waisted grip. Of course, I don't like type XVa blades much. If it isn't lenticular cross section or fullered then I'm not so into it.
I went with the Talhoffer, because I love that pommel. But I own a Castellan, and it is drop dead gorgeous, so it'd be a close second.
The Fiore is the Jessica Simpson of XVa's - Simple but beautiful. She gets my vote in this poll... Fiore I mean. :p
The Agincourt is my favorite in that type. :D I'd get it but i cant decide on that or the Crecy...All the next gens are so cool its so hard to choose! :D. The Agincourt's hilt is really nice, and all those spell out DEADLY.
Mercenary (same blade as the Castellan).

I will probably get a Fiore too, but I expect the Mercenary to remain my favorite due to it's handling characteristics and versatility.
Petri Peltola wrote:
The Fiore is the Jessica Simpson of XVa's - Simple but beautiful. She gets my vote in this poll... Fiore I mean. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice analogy! I'm with ya on that one!
Edward Hitchens wrote:
Petri Peltola wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice analogy! I'm with ya on that one!

Are you saying I'm gay? :cry: I think the fiore is more....ruggedly handsome...or something.
At the first viewing of the concept drawings, my initial reaction was to like the Agincourt best. It also looks a bit earlier than the others to me ( Just an impression, not sure that I'm right about that . ) it does have that early or mid 100 years war look to it: I'm sure Alina can confirm or denie this better than I can.

I am also getting to like the Fiore more and more, but a lot might change when we see finished swords.

The Mercenary is also very tempting as is the Castellan: I guess an Agincourt with a blade as wide as the Mercenary at the guard might give me what I like best about each. I tend to like wide blades.

The Castellan does resemble my A & A Twohander a lot, but smaller ( Guard and pommel but the blade is a different type ): So for the sake of variety of "look " I would go for the Mercenary.

The A & A Black Prince is also calling me: Just can't make up my mind yet :eek: :lol:
To state the obvious, Albion is offering two different XVa blade types with some limited mix and match hilt furniture
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
At the first viewing of the concept drawings, my initial reaction was to like the Agincourt best. It also looks a bit earlier than the others to me ( Just an impression, not sure that I'm right about that . ) it does have that early or mid 100 years war look to it: I'm sure Alina can confirm or denie this better than I can.

Actually, I can't. My time cut off for europe is about 1300. I know nothing about the hundred years war except for things specifically relating to Ste. Jehanne d'Arc. My only real 14th and 15th century knowledge deals with the Italian peninsula. I just don't like plate armor so I ignore it.
Alina;

I assume you don't mean that you are " completely " ignorant about anything dealing with history pass your 1300 cut off, but the depth and extent of your knowledge is closer to general knowledge than true expertize :D

I' m sure you know more about history outside your field of study than many of us, and a lot more than the " average " member of the great " unwashed " public ! :p :lol:
This is bad..... My top three XVas are in the top three, and to top that off I'm 'sword fund broke' at the moment. :wtf: Albion you taunt me so!

Agincourt, Talhoffer, Fiore not sure which one is my favorite as they are all so very bonito.
Have to make a choice, so I choose the...

...Fiore.
I prefer the down turned cross and scent stopper pommel, so I went with the Mercenary. Ringeck would be my second choice, with the longer blade.
Had to go with the Mercenary. Of course I'm staring at it as I write this so I don't want to upset it in any way :p Super light and super pointy always gets my vote.

The Agincourt is probably a close second and is on the top of my "to buy" list.
Definetely the Talhoffer - I love the pommel and the long, slim blade.

And if the Dollar stays this weak, i'll be really, really tempted... ;)
Talhoffer.
Interesting to see that, at this point, less than 1 day into the poll, and with 32 votes cast, there appears to be no clear preference. Maybe that should not be surprising.
The Mercenary. I want to get one with a black hilt, and call it Adder. (And a black-hilted Baron, and call it Agnes... and maybe a black-hilted Jarl and call it Turlogh.)

Anyone who gets all the references deserves a gold star and/or professional help.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: