AT1562 Leather Grip Coming Off
This is really horrible. Last time I took a look at the Lady Carmen I noticed the leather was peeling off from both ends of the handle. How should I fix this? My first thought was sending it back for the work, as it is now dull anyway, but I haven't been able to get in contact with them. So how can I fix this?

Thanks so much
Ryan,
I've edited your topic's title. Please do not post in all caps; it's considered shouting and generally rude in 'Net circles.

Thanks!
sorry
Hey Ryan.

Did you buy the Lady Carmen via AllSaint Blades?? If so, it's very understandable that you can't contact anyone via that site, since it's no longer in use. James Byrnes, who runs AllSaints, has kinda gone of the radar.

If you need to get in touch with Angus Trim, you should try this site: http://www.atrimasa.com/index.html

As for the leather coming off: leather needs care just like the blade. You say the blade needs to be resharpened. I'm guessing you've used it quite a lot. A bit of wear and tear on the leather will happen too. It would be heplfull if you could post a picture of the grip.
Wood glue works well for attaching leather to wood or cord. You might want to wrap something around the outside of the grip while the leather dries or put some glue on both the grip core and the leather and let them set a little bit before sticking them together. The main reason I say this is because wood glue can take a while to dry, and I get tired of holding things together with my hands.

-Grey
Leather glue works well on leather too. :D

It dries much faster as well, but make sure what you're gluing is where you want it to be, because it's really on there once it dries.
Hi Ryan

You can get a hold of me directly by PM'ing me either on SFI or here. I try and check in here at least once a day. At least half a dozen times on SFI.......

Your sword can be touched up easily enough, wrap and edge.......

Trying to get a hold of AllSaints isn't likely to be very successful, as AllSaints is out of business........
thanks for all the replies

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: