Experiences with In'Carius Craft
As I am considering to purchase a longsword-blade from In'Carius Craft in order to continue by making the hilt and scabbard myself, I wanted to ask if anyone here could share his experiences with this maker.

Because I will only purchase the blade from him, what I am of course most interested in is the quality of his blades.

By that I mean things like blade-finish, evenness of the grind, edge geometrie and heat-treat.

Especially the heat-treat is very crucial, as you cannot tell this from pictures (unlike finish, blade geometrie and evenness of the grind).

Has anybody done some harder testing with a sword made by In'Carius Craft?

I would very much welcome any information you can give me!
At this point, I have to say that his estimates on completion timing are incredibly optimistic. Was not always that way. Sure seems to be now. Not unique in him. Apparently it just happens as you become known. Has also gone silent when I inquired on status...which in this hobby seems to mean things are just a wee bit a kilter. Maybe they work out? Maybe they don't? Again, not unique in him when it comes to this hobby.

My take, if its something he has in stock for sale on Facebook or someplace and it can ship immediately? Go for it. Its decent quality. Custom order right now? I have to say...

Good.
Phreaking.
Luck.

Last edited by Joe Fults on Tue 28 Sep, 2021 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Fults wrote:
At this point, I have to say that his estimates on completion timing are incredibly optimistic. Was not that way. Sure seems to be now. Not unique in him. Apparently it just happens as you become known. Has also gone silent when I inquire on status...which in this hobby seems to mean things are just a wee bit a kilter. Maybe they work out. Maybe they don't. Again, not unique in him.

If its something he has in stock for sale on Facebook or someplace and it can ship immediately? Go for it. It decent quality. Custom order right now? I have to say...

Good.
Phreaking.
Luck.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

What exactly do you mean by "decent quality"? Where would you sort In'Carius Craft in concering the blade-quality?

Also can you tell me anything about the edge geometrie? How cleanly does the main grind transition into the edge?
Is there a big secondary bevel, or does the grind blend into the edge seamlessly?
Don't have one sitting here right now...not really going to be able to dredge accurate detail from memory.

Waiting for one to get here now.

Its overdue - in fairness I think he is injured.

As for quality? I'd say its on par with nicer stuff I've gotten from the Czech Republic in the past. Lutel-ish (the legit one), Arma Bohemia-ish, Pavel Moc-ish. Not top end works of art like Castle Keep or Barta (or Johnsson). Decent piece with improving lines. I've had two of them. Second was better than the first and better than average. It showed meaningful improvement.

I think he is constantly getting better at his craft. As he should. However, I also think him getting better means more attention for him, which also builds the waitlist!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: