Vikings reportedly trade Moss to Raiders
This is how badly warped my brain is from spending so much time thinking about arms & armour and ancient cultures: I saw this headline on Yahoo....

...and thought it must refer to some new archaeological discovery in Northern Europe.

:eek:
Re: Vikings reportedly trade Moss to Raiders
Sean Flynt wrote:
This is how badly warped my brain is from spending so much time thinking about arms & armour and ancient cultures: I saw this headline on Yahoo....

...and thought it must refer to some new archaeological discovery in Northern Europe.

Heh...until I read you post, I could not for my life understand why any raiders(which anyway?) would want to buy moss...

I guess this has something to do with football? Or sports anyway.

Johan Schubert Moen
LOL! Well, that's what I thought TOO!!!! Makes a lot more sense to me...

My favorite line when folks ask me about some sports thing or another is "If it doesn't involve Guns or Horses, it's only a Kid's Game". I'll amend that to include Swords and Lances, of course!

Cheers,

Gordon
Sean-

There's something seriously wrong with you, man... :eek:

Please don't change. :D
:eek: :eek: :confused: Raiders cover theys wounds with moss, so it heal better :confused: ;)
I was sooo right with ya bud! :lol:
Sean;

VIKING: " So how much moss will that Frankish pattern welded sword cost me mister "mystery Raider" Oh, what do you raid anyway and so little raider: Do you like to watch " Gladiator Movies"? ( Line stolen from AIRPLANE the movie, in case someone doesn't get the reference. )
Jean, you're a sick man. Besides, Gladiator movies hadn't come out yet in 950AD. You're SUPPOSED to ask him if he's ever been in a Turkish Prison instead! (Well, as long as it's a Seljuk Turk Prison, the Ottoman's weren't much to talk about yet :D )

Cheers!

Gordon
Gordon;

Yes, movies weren't out yet but you would be the first in line to get tickets in 950 A.D. : Like people camping out 3 months in advance to be the first to get Star Wars episode III tickets!
Re: Vikings reportedly trade Moss to Raiders
Sean Flynt wrote:

I was just thinking why the ---- would Raiders want moss?

You know what, it works in either context! :eek:
I'm ashamed to admit I made the same mistake.
I thought I was going to read about new-found evidence of some early European scam artists. Does anyone have a washcloth? I need to get the egg off of my face.

The capitalization should have tipped me off.

-Grey
A moss can also be a swampy area, as in the battle of Solway Moss. So, this actually could make perfect historical sense.
I debated about posting a link to an actual article about vikings. Just to give everyone a heads up, it's about how viking men worried about the size of their, um, you know. I found the article to be quite funny, but yet in a strange way I like how it sort of humanized them. http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archive...2003206950

Ben

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: