Some recent experiments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTpE7Xe0Ak4

Testing out a new theory on the "optimal cutting spot" with 4 Longship Armoury swords and it was successful.

https://youtu.be/LNGQJUw5uwc

Utilizing the new knowledge, cutting with Neighborhood Swords T10 Hira Zukuri Nodachi on massive big roll and single hand on normal roll.
I really dig that "Giant Silvia" two-handed sabre. Reminds me of some of the more outlandish weapons from Mount & Blade. I am curious, what is your connection to Longship Armoury? A great many of the swords you demonstrate originate from there.
Michael Beeching wrote:
I really dig that "Giant Silvia" two-handed sabre. Reminds me of some of the more outlandish weapons from Mount & Blade. I am curious, what is your connection to Longship Armoury? A great many of the swords you demonstrate originate from there.

Like, I'm a big fan of their stuff? :D
Neat. I don't think there's a better answer, to be honest!
Michael Beeching wrote:
Neat. I don't think there's a better answer, to be honest!

They're they only one that I'll trust just throwing the blade length and total length and general shape to them, tell them what functions I want the sword to excel at, and they make it better than I expected.

At first, I started out giving more detailed spec. but it was tuned to be better than what I envisioned. Later on I gave less and less spec. and just ideas what to accomplish. They're very good in combining the characteristics of European and Oriental swords, working at high hardness heat treat, allowing me to do very acute sharpening that can still withstand cutting hard targets like PPR pipes (simulating living bones). Their swords have special traits in the handling that the tip will synchronize with the hand's lateral movement for aiming a thrust or defense. While in rotational motion, the tip will feel like eagerly going forward to help accomplish the arc automatically, thus reducing my need to "pull it through" and stay in clarity mind not bogged by exerting power. It's like "fire and forget".

Thus, I really have no choice to have my best swords made elsewhere. :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: