Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Different Hilts for Albion NG Vikings? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brian M

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Different Hilts for Albion NG Vikings?         Reply with quote

I thought I'd ask these questions to clarify what I have read from Albion (or was it Mr. PJ?) regarding the NG Vikings. Of course I know Albion is going full bore to catch up with current orders, so at this point any answers may be pure speculation.

--At some point in the future, is PJ going to design another set of hilts (properly balanced, of course) for the NG Viking blades? If so, might I get in a shameless plug for a combination of wheel pommel and style-1 or -2 crossguard using the "Clontarf" blade?
--Also, is it currently planned to produce a NG Viking with a type-1 blade?

Thanks,
Brian M.
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Different Hilts for Albion NG Vikings?         Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
I thought I'd ask these questions to clarify what I have read from Albion (or was it Mr. PJ?) regarding the NG Vikings. Of course I know Albion is going full bore to catch up with current orders, so at this point any answers may be pure speculation.

--At some point in the future, is PJ going to design another set of hilts (properly balanced, of course) for the NG Viking blades? If so, might I get in a shameless plug for a combination of wheel pommel and style-1 or -2 crossguard using the "Clontarf" blade?
--Also, is it currently planned to produce a NG Viking with a type-1 blade?

Thanks,
Brian M.

Hi Brian,

I have some good news for you. Yes, Peter is going to be designing and carving new hilt (different) hilts for the existing blades. What the hilts are, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that Peter has something in mind. He has with him in Sweden both aluminum tang plugs to fit the carvings to (for molding purposes) and heat-treated production blades to base his designs off of.

We are in the process of designing/programming a Geibig type 1 blade, but it is a little ways off, behind some of the Museum Line, Next Gen., and Filmswords projects. As soon as anything new is developed we'll post about it on our news page.

Jason Dingledine
Brian M

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks. I look forward to seeing the Geibig-1 and the alternate hilts in the future. I must say, the NG Vikings look fantastic, and I really think the line will be a great success for you.

Brian M

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Different Hilts for Albion NG Vikings?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic