Cleaning and care of sabatons
Hi There!

Brand new to the forum and tried to search to see if this topic was covered and could not find a thread that did do. If it exists, a link to it would be greatly appreciated. If not, here goes nothing!

I have some sabatons that I used recently that collected a commensurate amount of dust. I have wiped them down (dry) and much of the surface dust came off just fine, its the dust in between the lames that I am unsure how to extricate without using water. I have paste wax that I plan on wiping everything down with after.

Another question while I am here, I have also sustained some slight surface scratches and rubbing (or etching?) in other areas and was looking for tips on how to remove these appropriately.

Any advice in this area would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Logan
Care and Maintenance of the Modern Replica
An article by Patrick Kelly
Thanks Nathan!
I am guessing all of this same information applies to any metal or is it circumstantial to the type and look one is trying to achieve? Maybe it would be helpful for me to post pictures for the particular issues in question?

Thanks in Advance,
Logan
Logan Crookston wrote:
I am guessing all of this same information applies to any metal or is it circumstantial to the type and look one is trying to achieve? Maybe it would be helpful for me to post pictures for the particular issues in question?

Basic metal maintenance is essentially the same. Details differ when it comes to the specifics of that metal and the desired end effect, of course. It always helps to know those details when giving advice other than basic metal care.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: