Albion Long Seax
Here is a link to a preview of the second large seax that Albion is offering. The page for it will be up on the website in the next day or two:

Long Seax
Re: Albion Long Seax
Eric McHugh wrote:
Here is a link to a preview of the second large seax that Albion is offering. The page for it will be up on the website in the next day or two:

Long Seax

8th century, and found in Burgundy. Would that make this Seax Frankish?

Very nicely-done, either way! I, for one, welcome Albion's foray into the world of Seaxes!
I love it. I'm planning to order this and one of the new viking axes this year.

What are the pommel and front plate made of?
I really enjoy the looks of this one. Does anybody own one? What I find peculiar, is that Albion's description mentions 600-700g weight for historical examples, yet this one weighs 950g. They also state spine thickness of the original at 7-8mm. I wonder how thick the reproduction is?
Bart M wrote:
I really enjoy the looks of this one. Does anybody own one? What I find peculiar, is that Albion's description mentions 600-700g weight for historical examples, yet this one weighs 950g. They also state spine thickness of the original at 7-8mm. I wonder how thick the reproduction is?

I suspect that the historical weight is for a bare excavated blade, and the repro weight is for the complete weight including handle.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: