Viking Sword by Emilliano Carrillo and Matthew Berry
[ Linked Image ]

My friend Emilliano Carrillo is one of those guys that has a lot of natural skill at blademaking. He has not been a swordsmith for very long, but he is way further down the road of learning than many people who have been doing this for a lot longer, and he is a pleasure to be around too.

I got to see this sword, and it is stunning! He partnered up with Matthew Berry to make this work of art. The pattern-weld is breathtaking. The whole package is beautiful, and it is available to a good home. ;)

Here is a link to Emilliano's page that has a lot more information about this sword and his other work: Emilliano Carrillo

Emilliano is definitely going places in this trade. If your interested in a custom piece, he is a great guy to work with.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
I really appreciate the fuller with its imperfections. Looks more 'authentic' hand made like the period originals, not machine perfect.
Thank you for sharing this Eric. It is a magnificent piece of work. I echo what Ian has said about the fuller, it does give it the look of a period original that has been hand forged.
I think it is beautiful too, but it is one of those situations where pictures don't do it justice. I got to see this sword in person. The fuller is straight and even width wise. It is an all too common situation with multibar construction. The edge bar and the fuller bars sometimes wander a bit off of their intended line. It happens to everyone to some degree because forging is not an exact science. This wandering cause and illusion sometimes in photos. The fuller can be physically straight and even, but wandering of the bars will make it look like it is off center, or the width is uneven. You can see what I'm talking about in some of the pictures. In some lighting, it looks uneven, in other lighting straight. As a maker, I can say pictures are always a bit of a problem. LOL.
I agree with what others have said about this blade. It has a great natural and authentic look
I'm still recovering.

What a beautiful beast!!

Jon

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: