Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Paul Dolnstein's diary Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Danielle Skjelver

PostPosted: Thu 26 Nov, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Recipe in Dolnstein's Sketchbook         Reply with quote

Hello Again, Dolnstein Fans,

There is a recipe for pigeon in the top right corner of Dolnstein's Siege of Elfsborg, Sweden sketch. I have used this recipe for chicken instead of pigeon, and it is excellent. Since the sketch on which it appears was lost, and the only copy is out of copyright restriction, there is no restriction on sharing the sketch, the recipe, and the balance of the text on the internet. You can find it at Academia.edu.

Medieval Poultry, or A Recipe and a Battle Scene:
https://www.academia.edu/19014651/Medieval_Poultry_or_A_Recipe_and_a_Battle_Scene

Danielle

Attachment: 143.25 KB
Älvsborgs_fästning_1502.jpg

"A young Apollo, golden-haired,
Stands dreaming on the verge of strife,
Magnificently unprepared
For the long littleness of life."
-- Frances Cornford
Jean Henri Chandler

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Dolnstein's Diary in English         Reply with quote

Danielle Skjelver wrote:
Hello All,

I wanted to update this thread for those interested in Dolnstein's diary in English. My thesis is done and will be available online through the library at the University of North Dakota later this month or in June. I hope to turn it into an article or two as well for something more easily accessible.

Dolnstein's sketchbook appears to move the dating of the integration of pike and shot two decades earlier than the current scholarly consensus places it.

Best Regards,
Danielle

Hi Danielle, is this available yet? Any news on getting something published in some kind of popular format? Would really love to see a translation or even just a nice transcription of Dolnstein's sketchbook somewhere I could snap it up!

J

Books and games on Medieval Europe Codex Integrum

Codex Guide to the Medieval Baltic Now available in print
Danielle Skjelver

PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Jean Henri,

Thanks for your interest. The Managing Director of the Imperial Armoury, Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna and I are planning to make this happen for the public in the coming year. That means getting the manuscript moving in the coming year. Publication may be a bit longer than that.

In the mean time, it is available in both print and digital formats. If you need access now, I would recommend the digital version for the image quality and capability to zoom. If you have access to an academic library, I believe you can get the digital version for free through the University of North Dakota Library. Here it is on WorldCat: https://www.worldcat.org/title/there-i-paul-dolnstein-saw-action-the-sketchbook-of-a-warrior-artisan-in-the-german-renaissance/oclc/807760263

If you don't have any luck that way, send me a private message, and I'll reach out to the UND Library.

Kind regards,
Danielle

"A young Apollo, golden-haired,
Stands dreaming on the verge of strife,
Magnificently unprepared
For the long littleness of life."
-- Frances Cornford

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Paul Dolnstein's diary
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: