Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Rare Opportunity! ELJay Erickson Brass-inlaid Basket HiltSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Rare Opportunity! ELJay Erickson Brass-inlaid Basket Hilt         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have for immediate sale an absolutely gorgeous steel basket hilt inlaid with brass hearts and Celtic patterns on the panels of the guard. The hilt has not been "slipped" or had a blade attached to it. The grip is gray rayskin. As most of you know, it is difficult to obtain a hilt from ELJay because of his unique work schedule. It happens I have two examples of this particular hilt in my collection. I'm keeping the one made for me by ELJay and selling the other which I obtained in a trade. This hilt is shown in "Swords and Sorrows" 1:13 page 30 and is reputed to be the one captured from George McKenzie, Earl of Cromartie, the day before the Battle on Culloden Moor - so a true Jacobite relic! The photo in "swords" has a lot of reflection from the flash but if you look closely, you can see the brass hearts and scroll work on each panel. This is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and one of enduring historical significance to anyone interested in the late Rebellion period. If you want a wonderful hilt for Christmas with immediate delivery, look no further! Cost is $850.00 plus shipping and insurance to your specification. Pay Pal is accepted by buyer covers any fees. The cost above is what I actually paid in July so I do not want a loss. I can take more pictures for serious buyers only. Contact me at gosborne@evlag.com. Thanks!

"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Pictures of ELJay Erickson sword for sale         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Many of you have requested pictures of ELJay's reproduction of the Earl of Cromartie's sword from the '45, so I am going ahead and posting them here. One note: the brass inlay is not a veneer but fills the entire cavity where steel was removed. In other words, it's done right! Once this sword is gone, ELJay may never make another version as it is very time-consuming.

Attachment: 91.15 KB
IMG_0356.JPG

Attachment: 98.47 KB
IMG_0355.JPG

Attachment: 90.47 KB
IMG_0354.JPG

Attachment: 92.07 KB
IMG_0347.JPG

Attachment: 96.93 KB
IMG_0348.JPG

"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Rare Opportunity! ELJay Erickson Brass-inlaid Basket HiltSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic