Custom A&A Rapier (from a few years ago)
I commissioned this piece from the good folk at A&A about 10 years ago now and received it back in 2011. Undoubtably the best piece I’ve owned to date and one I’m extremely proud of. Enjoy.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Attachment: 86.33 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 95.22 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 146.03 KB
[ Download ]
Craig forwarded those photos to me before and my jaw dropped. 10 years later, it's still just as impressive.
Nice sword, and I love the chiseled details! It's not often that one sees a repro rapier in the English style of the mid-1600s.
Is the pommel an authentic antique? It looks like I can see some silver punchwork that I don't see on the rest of the hilt.

--ElJay
Pommel
E.B. Erickson wrote:
Nice sword, and I love the chiseled details! It's not often that one sees a repro rapier in the English style of the mid-1600s.
Is the pommel an authentic antique? It looks like I can see some silver punchwork that I don't see on the rest of the hilt.

--ElJay

Hi Eljay

Good to talk to you its been to long. The pommel is a cast from a mold of an original. Some of the other detail are inspired by elements from originals as well as far as the detail and motif.

Craig
Those look like A&A Still Life photographs. You guys really know how to do 17th century swords.
How long is the blade, the OAL of the sword and the weight? I don't have a rapier, but I always thought I would probably go with A&A for my first one when that inevitable day comes.

Looks great!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: