OH/IN/KY gathering?
I know it's been a few years since we had one, but I wanted to see if there was interest in a gathering of collectors/cutting party this fall for folks in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky (or anyone who wants to drive to SW Ohio). We usually get together, chat, do some collection show and tell, and do some cutting. Good times. :)

I've hosted the past couple but may not be able to do so this time, so if there are volunteers to host, that would be great.

We'd have to find a mutually agreeable date, of course, but I wanted to gauge interest first.
Call me interested!
My time is iffy, but I'd love to do this, if possible.
Do you guys welcome the newer members of the community at those gatherings? haha
The gatherings that I have attended have always been open to whoever decides to show up. I've met HEMA people, collectors of modern reproductions, collectors of the real historical weapons, people who make swords for a living, authors, and LARPers. Its a wide mix with shared interest.
Hey Chad, you can count me in. It’s been a while. I think the last time I attended, you hosted. Not sure if I can, but I’ll look into it.
All are welcome, whether new or not. You don't have to have a collection for show and tell, either. I just ask that folks be over 18.

I might be able to host, depending on the date. I'm now in the Dayton suburbs instead of the Cincinnati suburbs.
Sounds like a really cool event and wish I could make it. Great opportunity for people to share.
I'm interested and would love to attend. Usual caveats of the date, family obligations, etc notwithstanding, of course. Keep us posted.

David Kite
ARMA IN IN
Do we know if this is maybe a thing yet? I cannot host and I don't have a ton of stuff but I have some MRL pieces (meh) and a Castle Keep bit-o-kit and a Arma Bohemia rondel that could come (definitely not meh)!
Good Sir,

I live in NW Indiana, but I'd be willing to make a trek to Ohio. I will be watching for further updates!
Joe Fults wrote:
Do we know if this is maybe a thing yet? I cannot host and I don't have a ton of stuff but I have some MRL pieces (meh) and a Castle Keep bit-o-kit and a Arma Bohemia rondel that could come (definitely not meh)!

I hope so, but it comes down to finding a time and place. My schedule is tight plus we're in the middle of a never-ending basement reno that has moved junk to other parts of the house. So we're not quite in "entertaining people" shape.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

I hope so, but it comes down to finding a time and place. My schedule is tight plus we're in the middle of a never-ending basement reno that has moved junk to other parts of the house. So we're not quite in "entertaining people" shape.

My basement's good to go and I'm retiring in November, so my schedule will be pretty open before long. You're all welcome here in Kansas if you want to make the trip. :) Just throwin' that on the wall.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

My basement's good to go and I'm retiring in November, so my schedule will be pretty open before long. You're all welcome here in Kansas if you want to make the trip. :) Just throwin' that on the wall.

How easy is it to fly in?

Also, congrats on the retirement! I'm finding as years flow that it is really a milestone to celebrate!
Joe Fults wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

How easy is it to fly in?

Also, congrats on the retirement! I'm finding as years flow that it is really a milestone to celebrate!

We have an international airport here in Wichita, so getting here is easy, cost may vary. I wouldn't have a problem hosting an event if there was enough interest. I know it's a bit far for many folks.

Thanks. I was intending to stay on the job until the middle of next year, but the feds came calling with a sweet post-retirement gig that was too good to pass up, so November it is.
Going to bump this - if the event has moved to Kansas, that will be too costly in time and finances for me to attend. If Ohio is still up for consideration, however, I could probably swing that.
I think the Kansas move was in jest. We'll do one in Ohio again someday, but we might have missed the weather window for the Fall. There's always Spring....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: