Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Does anyone have experience with Wulflund's polearms? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Hardy Lewis

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have experience with Wulflund's polearms?         Reply with quote

I'm interested in Wulflund's streithammer - medieval two handed hammer (Catalog number: APW118), but I have no experience with the company or the quality of their products.

Does anyone here have any experience with their polearms (especially the one I mentioned above), and what are your opinions of them?

Link: https://www.wulflund.com/weapons/axes-poleweapons/streithammer-medieval-two-handed-hammer.html/
Hamish C

PostPosted: Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with that particular model or other specific blunt impact weapon from Wulflund.
I do have 2 polearm heads from Wulflund that I have mounted on shafts. A bill, and a Swiss halberd. They were reasonably priced and come workmanlike made.

They came with blunt edges and rounded points, which I refined with a grinder and file to look more authentic.

Because these ones are made from mild steel, rather than hardened and tempered med/high carbon steel, they won't hold a proper edge. Despite that they are substancial pieces of steel, with pointy bits, and could do serious damage. Its also arguable that many of the original weapons were made from iron rather than tempered steel.

I suspect many of their polearms are made from mild steel, because most people won't be using testing them on simulated or on real targets. Drop them an email to see what type of steel they use and if its heat treated, and suitible for your end use.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Does anyone have experience with Wulflund's polearms?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic