FOR SALE: Double Fuller Longsword, 14thC
14th century Longsword based on original sword.

This sword, is inspired by an example which has been seen in several books over the years, first in Ewart Oakeshott's 1991 'Records of the Medieval Sword', and more recently, in the 2015 catalogue of the Deutsches Klingenmuseum's 'Das Schwert: Gestalt und Gedanke' exhibition, where it was loaned from a private collection in the Netherlands.

A textbook example of double-fullered type XIII swords, this 123cm long sword has a hexagonal cross-section with double fuller, gently transitioning to a lenticular cross section in the last third of the blade. While the original sword has been fitted with a modern grip sometime in the last 30 years, this reproduction has been hilted with a leather grip more accurate to during its working lifespan.

Measurements:
total length 1230mm
bladse length 973mm
blade width 49mm
blade thickness at the base 6mm to 2,5mm close to the tip
grip 190mm
crossguard 210mm
pommel 53x48x37mm
balance ca. 135mm
weight ca. 1750g
edges sharp

Asking 1300 EUR
Shipping all around the world included.

Thanks to James Elmslie for his help with description about original sword :)
More photos and my works you can find here: http://artofswordmaking.com/

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Its lovely and if there was some kind of installment plan or some way to trade a kidney I might be able to swing it!
thank you Joe :)
well, I can consider some options but .... no kidney please! :) Health is most important!
I love this one Maciej! The lines look very overall, though the guard really draws my eye.
This is exactly the kind of sword I would envision being wielded by a Teutonic knight! This sword looks both elegant and powerful.
Thank you guys for your comments and appreciation.
BTW - that sword is still available :)
That sword is SOLD.
I will just need to make a nice scabbard - and will show you finished work soon :)
Thank you for your interest and all comments!
Congrats on the sell!
Hi Maciej,

I really like this sword however the profile taper looks to be a bit different on the reproduction versus the original. The reproduction has a more tapering profile and a more acute point section.

Is this on purpose?
Thank you Jeremy, that is a reasonable notice for sure.
First point: that original sword has shortened tip (damaged, broken, corroded or remaded?...) and that`s why I added (not changed but added) a few centimeters to the blade length - to complete it.
Second point - about the profile taper - my sword has the same taper and probably it is about perspektive on the photo.
If you will look on other perspektive I`m sure you will find it more similar.
However - my sword was assumed not to be a faithful reconstruction but simply something inspired by that particular original sword. There is always place for small changes by hand finishing, like crossguard thickness for example, which is different too :)
Thanks Maciej for the thorough reply

Again, your reconstruction is quite handsome
That sword has been already sold. Customer asked me to make a scabard for this sword and here you can see results of this work: finished sword with scabbard:
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
More you can find on my website, here: http://artofswordmaking.com/gallery/double-fuller-longsword-14thc

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: