Recreating a Boy's Axe
I've been away for a long time. In all honesty, I was in a bad place for a long time. Chronic pain has a way of derailing your whole life. It has been a battle to finish projects which just drags you down emotionally. Recently, the VA in Chicago was able to do a procedure to help with my back pain. I feel like a new man. I am now active in finishing long overdue projects and starting new one. It is my intend to try and post here more often.

I apologize for this being a link, but it is just too much information to reproduce here. Please let me know what you think.

Recreating a Boy's Axe
Beautiful job on the axe, and a wonderful story.

Good luck wth the back. As you already know, back pain really erodes your quality of life, and backs seem to only have three modes: perfectly fine, “What was that twinge?”, and “can’t seem to do anything without pain or think straight. “ I share this as a warning to those who belittle the twinge phase. Y’all take care of yourselves.
I can certainly sympathize with the back pain, having taken a stomp from a 1,200 lb. bull in a rodeo at the age of 19. I'm now 50 yo. and live with it every day.

The axe is a true tribute to a father's love of a son. I'm sure that little boy is looking down from Valhalla and smiling. :) ...McM
Glad to hear that you are feeling better Eric. Also glad to hear that the VA here in Chicago was able to help you out, for the most part all that you hear about it are horror stories.

That is amazing work on the axe as well as a very interesting story in regards to it.

I am looking forward to seeing more work from your bench!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: