Go to page Previous  1, 2

I finally watched the first episode last night. Seemed to me that the trebuchets had at least three or four times the range they had in reality. I've never understand the insistence on showing them flinging flaming projectiles. Toward the end it became increasingly obvious that the script was a recycled 'cowboys & Indians' or 'cowboys versus rustlers' piece with different costumes & names. Maybe they spent the budget on CGI & didn't have anything left over for an original screenplay. I would not have watched it through to the end in real time, but I was able to fast forward it on TiVo to confirm that it didn't get any better toward the end.
I'll agree....it's not all that great. BUT----it beats the hell out of that last 'King Arthur' movie that came out a few months ago. I think they may have LOST money on THAT ONE! :wtf: :lol: ......McM
After reading all this I'm glad I haven't been watching....I did not watch any of the "Vikings" either. I don't mind entertainment that is entertainment, and can really enjoy it - but efforts to turn historical events into entertainment while still attempting to maintain the cover of "historical material" leave me quite cold.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: