Taureg Takuba
I am new to sword collecting (at age 63) but am trying to learn. I have bought several modern reproduction swords but have been hesitant to buy an authentic historical sword online due to my lack of knowledge of how to determine whether or not the sword is fake. This weekend I ordered a Taureg Takuba broadsword. I ordered it because I like the design, the history and the condition of this sword and scabbard and the price was below 300.00. I am guessing that it is authentic and probably is a 20th century manufacture. That is about all I know about it. The information about these swords that I was able to find online was very interesting and I hope it will be the real thing to add to my collection. Any comments, criticisms, advice or observations would be welcome.

Attachment: 51.71 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 31.51 KB
[ Download ]
I can't comment on its authenticity, but I like it too. I probably would have bought it for under $300 as well.
It was delivered today. I really am happy with this sword. It is lighter than I expected and the blade is is very good condition in my opinion. The POB is about six inches from the guard. The grip is tight and the leather covering the guard is in great condition. The scabbard is in good shape and the tooling is better than what I expected. I have enjoyed researching these swords and the Taureg people. I paid 285.00 with free shipping from Faganarms and I will do more business with them in the future.[/img]

Attachment: 414.68 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 347.91 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 382.46 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 403.17 KB
[ Download ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: