Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

1340 Trans set
Just got mine from Peter F @ Medpro. Very happy with it. Very strongly made. Trying to keep it real...

Attachment: 104.04 KB
mike_374x600.jpg

Attachment: 77.86 KB
100_2929 - Copy_502x800.JPG

Last edited by William Chadwick on Fri 25 Aug, 2017 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Gábor Benko wrote:

Le Floc'h Pierre outstanding both your harness, and also your group, the pictures made me to consider learning franch, moving to your country and try to join your group ;) but I have to stay in reality, soooo I have to stay in Hungary, but I follow your group and eager to watch what you guys do.

Thanks a lot, It will be a peasure to welcome you if one day you come to Britany , or maybe we will see us in an european event in years to come !
New kit
Hey!

This armour is steel - hand made by douglas Prior modeled after Negroli's "the duke of urbino's" armour from 1580s custom fit to me. I really like the Heroic style. Greek/Roman musculata with rider shoulders (instead of lions) with a locking collar

I really like it. Great movement and not to heavy, I've started SCA fighting in it it's good for steel fighting as well but I think it would get to beaten up.

The rest of the suit is being completed this year

Attachment: 202.45 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 220.19 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 209.92 KB
[ Download ]
Great looking gear there, Lance! I love the high boots. Who makes them? :D ....McM
Just some quick shots of my new (for me) sallet. Made by Francois L’Archeveque, quite fitting for my rather rustique northern European kit. I love the craftmanship, the curves and the imperfections.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
That sallet is wonderful!
I second that!
In my opinion, these imperfections make it perfect! Very nice sallet!
Stunning....Absolutely stunning. Those 'imperfections' are like the brush strokes in a Rembrandt. Hell yeah... ;) .....McM
Two Years ago i showed you my german Handgunner, now i made pictures of his whole kit on march:

[ Linked Image ]

More pictures of the details, you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Geschichtsfenster/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1657856844238059
My Game of Thrones w/3 eyed raven kit...

Attachment: 241.42 KB
renfest.jpg

Attachment: 209.17 KB
22228285_10214179018900350_5870460998476967561_n.jpg

My kit, almost finished
All heat treated, just waiting on gauntlets and have to add the chain skirt.

Attachment: 410.25 KB
[ Download ]
halloween costume this year; a maille shirt I'm tailoring to wear under a jack, GDFB jawbone sallet, and LoB jack chains that are surprisingly good for 60 bucks
[ Linked Image ]
Hi Folks,

I'm working on a 15th century man-at-arms kit inspired by the Wars of the Roses. Here are some shots of myself in the gear I have so far (Albion Lancaster arming sword with custom scabbard and belt rig, 12" buckler, leather gauntlets and boots, gambeson, coif, and of course, my authentic ox horn drinking tankard :D )

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ][/img]

Any feedback or ideas for future pieces (I know I'll need a helm, some sort of pole weapon, and possibly some pieces of plate armor) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and happy November!
Very nice Chip! And great pictures as well, I especially enjoy the two top ones.
I can't comment on the authenticity of the kit as I'm not an expert on the matter, but it does look very striking on you,

My only slight criticism being maybe the mail coif , it seems very bright, stainless or aluminum? choices I would perfectly understand, keeping those things oiled and rust free sounds tedious and is what has kept me from buying mail myself.
But maybe if there is a way to darken it to look the part, I'm not sure

Have to love the Lancaster, beautiful sword.
Maybe a Rondel dagger would be nice in the future to go with it?

Certainly want to see more of it as it evolves.
Preben B wrote:
Very nice Chip! And great pictures as well, I especially enjoy the two top ones.
I can't comment on the authenticity of the kit as I'm not an expert on the matter, but it does look very striking on you,

My only slight criticism being maybe the mail coif , it seems very bright, stainless or aluminum? choices I would perfectly understand, keeping those things oiled and rust free sounds tedious and is what has kept me from buying mail myself.
But maybe if there is a way to darken it to look the part, I'm not sure

Have to love the Lancaster, beautiful sword.
Maybe a Rondel dagger would be nice in the future to go with it?

Certainly want to see more of it as it evolves.

Thank you for the compliments and valuable feedback Preben!

I completely agree about the coif - I have a mail shirt that I purchased alongside it; both are made of cheap stainless steel. I was a younger man then and hadn't the means to afford good, butted steel mail. Perhaps I could try sanding down my current mail coif and aging it with a salt water/vinegar soliton?

I recently acquired the gambeson, boots, gauntlets, and buckler. I agree that a dagger (I particularly like Todd's Stuff rondel daggers) would be the next logical addition to the kit in terms of weaponry.

I have something verrrry exciting on order, due around February, stay tuned :surprised:

The Lancaster is a beautiful sword, both to hold and use. As it turns out, I have written a formal review of the Albion Lancaster and today was picture day:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

This is easily the finest sword that I own. It is in my opinion one of the most underrated Next Generation models. With proper technique, the sword can cut very well, and thrusting with the Lancaster is effortless. You can hold it with a modern fencing grip and still retain point control. I'm hoping the editing team here will publish my full review ;) ;)

Last edited by Chip F. on Sun 12 Nov, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beautiful indeed, looks like it handles great, there are a few underappreciated Albions out there for sure, if I could I would get them all.

Got a few things coming early next year myself, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for when you post something.

If you end up going for a Rondel by Tod i can say you will get an amazing product, I recently received a Landsknecht dagger from him myself, it's in the makers forum, great guy.
Preben B wrote:
Beautiful indeed, looks like it handles great, there are a few underappreciated Albions out there for sure, if I could I would get them all.

Got a few things coming early next year myself, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for when you post something.

If you end up going for a Rondel by Tod i can say you will get an amazing product, I recently received a Landsknecht dagger from him myself, it's in the makers forum, great guy.

So I’ve heard - Matt Easton seems to appreciate his work quite a bit :)
11/12 at Camelot Days in TY park, Hollywood FL after our second exhibition bout
Myself and a few other fighters who do a submission foot tournament at the local renaissance festivals.
[ Linked Image ]
I like the looks of a shiny, new, pristine-looking kit as much as anyone---but I LOVE the looks of one that is dented, rusty, and fought-in. You guys look great. :D ....McM
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 99 of 100

Jump to: