Viceroy
Just talked to Albion today and my Viceroy will be coming next week. Grip is in oxblood and hilt is blued. I will post pics as soon as I can.
Looking foward to seeing yours. I'm very curious to see how the blueing turns out :D

Your going to love the Viceroy, trust me :cool:
Mine is Blackened.

It really, really takes this blade to the next level IMHO.

Gary: Can't wait until you hold that round-table.
Thomas Jason wrote:
Mine is Blackened.

It really, really takes this blade to the next level IMHO.

Gary: Can't wait until you hold that round-table.

Oh no...another Viceroy in Joisey! :surprised:

And I wanted to be the only one :cry:

I'm trying for late May on that round table. I think we'll have a real nice turn out :D
I just talked to them on the phone this morning, and should be shipped either today or Monday. I am now getting very excited. Hopefully it went out today so I get to play with it early next week. :D
Got the Viceroy today, I will take some quick pics and post them tonight. All I can say is WOW!
Here are some hasty pics of the viceroy. This is a wonderful blade, but I must say the hilt components grab my eye the most. They are just absolutely gorgeous. The blade itself is very impressive and its complex geometry is very interesting. It is indeed on the heavy side, but balanced very well and so far seems to handle very nicely.

Attachment: 32.48 KB
viceroy.jpg
Full pic

Attachment: 28.17 KB
viceroy_hilt1.jpg
Hilt2

Attachment: 38.38 KB
viceroy_hilt2.jpg
hilt

Attachment: 20.97 KB
viceroy_pommel.jpg
pommel

Attachment: 16.22 KB
viceroy_cross.jpg
cross

Attachment: 44.09 KB
viceroy_blade.jpg
blade
COOL BEANS!

You are right on by saying it's been taken to the next level.

Fabulous
Oh, that's real perty :eek:

Heavy? naaaaa... a sword fit for the battle field :D
That bluing is marvelous. If I could ever afford one, I'd have it blued. It really works well with that pommel.
i'm not normally one for blued/blackened fittings, but that is breathtaking. it really makes the complex lines of this hilt "pop", not to mention underscoring this weapon's imposing presence. there's no mistaking the grim business feel of it in hand.

a war sword's war sword with late period sophistication looming clear and true; i like.
I agree - the blued fittings add a lot to this design.
Mine looks the same, but with a Dark Plum leather.

The Viceroy is simply an amazing sword and I wouldn't hesitate to trust my life to it.
It is very nice!
The oxblood on the grip was less red than I had invisioned it, but with the right lighting it has a deepness that is very appealing. As for more on my feel on the sword, most of my background has, up until now, been within the realm of the Japanese sword. This being only the second I have owned, the other being an Atrim. I hold this sword as the best production sword, both within the Japanese and European style market, that I have seen. The Atrim is great, but really doesn't come close. I also believe that it is better than several custom makers I have seen. The NextGen line really is the best thing that has happened within the sword community for a long time.
Very nice, congrats on a fine looking sword!
Casey Bartley wrote:
Here are some hasty pics of the viceroy. This is a wonderful blade, but I must say the hilt components grab my eye the most. They are just absolutely gorgeous. The blade itself is very impressive and its complex geometry is very interesting. It is indeed on the heavy side, but balanced very well and so far seems to handle very nicely.
Awesome sword, Casey! The grip looks almost burgundy-colored in your photo; greatly complements the blued hilt.
The hilt color does look kind of like burgandy, but I would say it is more towards a brown. Sitting back and looking at it makes it look brown, but when you move in very close it looks dark red. After handling it some more, and comparing it to the Atrim I have, which is very similar in size but almost a pound lighter, I would say the viceroy handles better. I just love this blade.
Which Atrim are you comparing to?
The Viceroy is outside my main area of interest but that sword is stunning.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: