Looking for a Targe Maker
I've sadly been informed that Joe Lindsay has retired. I'm looking for a good targe maker to make my husband and I a targe for our 3rd anniversary present to ourselves. We saw some nice targes at the National Museum of Scotland, one of which we would like as our design for the targe. Does anyone know of a good targe maker?
Try George Bolton, 130 N. Hudson St., Coldwater, MI 49036-1402,; 517-278-4055. I do not know what he is producing at the moment but he is the only name I have in my files in the US. I did buy a boss and spike from him about 30 years ago that were fine.
Targe
I was able to visit Joe in his workshop years ago and purchased the Culloden Targe . The best stuff I have seen since Joe retired is from Alba Targes out of Glasgow . Graeme Biggerstaff is the gentleman that makes the targes and all the other items . He has a Facebook page ... Alba Targes . Good luck !
Which NMS targe did you like? I have drawn full sized patterns for most of them.
Their is also Rab Cairney of highland-targe.com

I haven't purchased from him myself but website looks pretty good.
I can recommend Rab of Highland-targe. I have a Joe Lindsey one off and 2 from Rab of highland-targe and all are equally good.
Maybe Alba Targes? I've been following their work on Facebook for a while, and it always looks quite lovely. It's hard to mess up the quality of a targe... Everything is pretty straight forward so what you see is what you get!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlbaTargesStore
Lindsey Targe
Richard ,
I purchased the Cullodden Targe.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: