Albion Knight issues
Last year, I purchased a brand new Albion Knight with scabbard from Albion. After the 6+ months of waiting, I received the sword in November. When I opened it up, I noticed a slight click when I'd dry handle the sword. I brought this up with Mike Sigman, who told me that it was just settling and should go away.

Well, this morning I went to pick up my Knight, and it sounds like crepe paper when I touch the grip. Crackling, popping, clicking. The side of the grip near the guard is loose and I can press against it and it moves. I have never cut with it and have only dry handled the blade. We had thunderstorms go through the area and I think the humidity caused something inside to swell or shift and break.

Any suggestions?
For a sword of that caliber(and price), I would expect no issues like THAT. :eek: I would re-contact Albion ASAP. ;) ....McM
Yes, contact Mike and send it back. At this point the grip has shown it's true colors and any adjustment for the better is not going to happen.
Thanks for all the replies so far. I e-mailed this morning and described the problem. Hopefully I'll hear something back sometime today, but I doubt it.
Jonathan Blair wrote:
Thanks for all the replies so far. I e-mailed this morning and described the problem. Hopefully I'll hear something back sometime today, but I doubt it.

Last I was told, Mike works Mon-Thurs (I think he works 4 ten hours shifts). So you will likely have to wait until Monday.
I'm sure you will hear back SOMETHING soon. This isn't a problem Albion would take lightly. It sounds to me like the problem is in the wood of the grip. Maybe shrunken? I don't think Albion uses any type of shims, but I could be wrong. Good luck!...McM
Mark C. Moore wrote:
For a sword of that caliber(and price), I would expect no issues like THAT. :eek: I would re-contact Albion ASAP. ;) ....McM

What Mark said!
Jonathan Blair wrote:

You can also call them...during hours somebody will answer the phone. I know voice is old school but I would not grow old waiting on an email.
My ringeck had the same problem upon delivery, and i hear other people with albion swords have the same issue. I do think albion needs to fix this, especially considering their price point and reputation. Mike gave me the same explanation, and the sound got worse with time.

I fixed the problem my wicking loctite 290 between the blade and guard. You can try it if you don't wanna send the sword back
I've never known Albion to not have top notch customer service. I'm sure this will be resolved.
Well, Jonathan...It's been a while now. What news on your Knight? Good news, we hope! :) ....McM
It has been sent back and is at the cutler shop now. How long it will take is unknown (it has been there since last Thursday). Regardless of how long it takes, the proof will be in the taste of the pudding.
My Knight has returned with the problem fixed. Many thanks to Albion!
Good to hear! Did they happen to say WHY this occurred? .....McM
Unfortunately, no. 'tis a mystery.
Really? :wtf: I find it truly hard to believe that they didn't offer *some kind* of explanation---besides 'just settling'. Since other Albion owners have had similar issues, it kinda makes one wonder---maybe they got a bad batch of wood? And---how many more might be out there? :?: .....McM
I've asked what the cause was. I'll report back with what I find out.
According to Mike, it was cracked and broken epoxy under the wood that did it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: