Feedback on Arma Bohemia CZ
Has anyone purchased from www.armabohemia.cz lately...I am interested in one of their pieces but have no experience with the quality, etc.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I have bought a few items from them and the quality has been really excellent. They use quite a few different European suppliers and all the items I have seen in real life have that special craftmanship handmade touch. I also think Jakub has a high standing with the european reenactment scene, nice guy.
Arma Bohemia is not a maker but is a vendor for several European makers. I've made several purchases from them over the years and every one has been a good experience. Jakub, the proprietor of Arma Bohemia, keeps a high standard with his vendors and the items he carries.
Re: Feedback on Arma Bohemia CZ
Phil D. wrote:
Has anyone purchased from www.armabohemia.cz lately...I am interested in one of their pieces but have no experience with the quality, etc.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I have a rapier from them I've used for fencing for a few years and am very happy with it. It's been 4 years ago, though.
I've purchased from them perhaps a half dozen times over the years. Always problem free, no drama transactions. What you will get is hand made, mainly by local artisans. People with talent but perhaps not enough notoriety to be inaccessible. That means things will not always be mass production Six Sigma perfect. If you understand what you're buying and why, that's also part of the value of what you're getting.
April 2015 I ordered a basilard with a sheath. Took almost a month just for the order confirmation email from Jakub! Dagger was completed in December, but the first core for the sheath broke at the shop, so a delay again. At one point I did request a color change for the sheath, but I don't think that was part of the delay since the sheath core hadn't been made yet. Jakub had no problem with my change.

Everything arrived in excellent shape in February 2016. I really like the dagger I got. I wasn't thrilled with the long delays between correspondence, and of course it was longer than the 10 weeks set out from the first email... But I'm a patient guy. If they had a particular model I liked, like this basilard, I would certainly go for them again. But I'm more likely to look at Lutel, A&A, Tod's, Davis Reproductions, or try a different place for experience first. For a custom job or something in-stock, I don't know how they might perform.

If you are patient and it's not your very first ordered weapon, I think you'd be fine. Especially if you get something listed in stock. But if you are the nail-biting sort...It may take a while. Personally I'm quite happy with the dagger now that I have it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: