Can you please help me to identify this pistol?
I found it in an old hungarian house in Transilvania and I didn't find any proof marks or a making series or anything like that, I would really appreciate if somebody cand tell me smth about it and maybe an ideea of it's value. Thanks a lot!

Attachment: 79.41 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 76.04 KB
[ Download ]
My knowledge of firearms is quite limited, but I CAN tell you that I believe it is a type of derringer. Muzzle-loader, with a percussion cap firing system. It appears quite plain, and not heavily decorated so it was probably a fairly inexpensive piece at the time. As far as dating goes, I would say mid to late 1800's. I could be wrong about that though. It would have been used as a pocket gun, or a 'hide-out' weapon. Very interesting. Maker? Not a clue......Maybe someone else can add more info. :) .....McM
Forgot to add.....Value? Can't really help there either, but I wouldn't plan on selling it for an early retirement. :) ....McM
Thank you!
You are most welcome. As I said, my firearm knowledge is limited, but I believe I am pretty close to correct. Once again, someone else might be able to give you more in-depth information. :) ....McM
It's a low quality percussion pocket pistol from the 19th century. They often do not have any markings, so manufacturer is impossible to say, they were easy to make and often of quite local production. Eastern Europe looks likely for that pistol.
Value wise, it's almost nothing. Even in good condition they top out around £100, in that condition you would be lucky to get £25 if that.

Best,
Hadrian.
Aaaand...there ya go. :) Thanks, Hadrian. I was thinking all of that, but just waiting for someone to confirm it. :) ....McM
Thanks a lot for the info Hadrian! I really appreciate you took the the time to answer. Thans guys!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: