For Sale: octahedral han dynasty Jian
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

T10 folded steel

Clay Differential Hardening

Blade Construction: Mono with Octahedral cross section.

Straight Hamon

Mirror Polish
Ebony scabbard

Pin constructed pommel

Blade length: 95 cm

Handle length: 15 cm

Blade width: 3 cm

Blade thickness: 7mm - 2 mm

for images click herehttp://imgur.com/a/SWoIR

I decided that if i gave the makers custom measurements, they would come up with a sword that will look and function like the ancient han dynasty swords. While the proportions of the sword are now correct (ancient swords had a blade to handle proportion of greater than 4:1 unlike what you normally see today) the handling characteristics just didn't fit me. I purchased it for $530 USD, the measurements are the same that i gave to the sword makers (sinosword). However, since the shape of the blade and the blade taper are not the same as ancient swords (almost every han dynasty sword ive seen made today do not have the right taper and thickness), the sword feels a little uncomfortable to my small arms. After giving it a chance, I still decided against keeping it.

This sword is essentially completely new. I have done zero cutting and i have never used the sword itself to practice more than three or four times.

the fittings on the sword are sturdy and tight. The blade and scabbard are also surprisingly tight fitting. Since I didn't use it for a very long time, there isn't any major flaw / damage that I have found except for the fact that i didn't like the way it handled (im a shorter thinner guy). Since I am looking for functionality over aesthetics, i have decided to look into arms and armor rapiers instead.

Other than this, the sword is in perfectly good and new condition.

I am asking around $400 USD + shipping within US for the sword as a general range. Price, however, is NOT SET IN STONE and PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE. Also, if shipping costs come to less than $30, I will cover shipping. so if you are interested, please email me at joko.fatalis@gmail.com
Price drop $300,

Previously listed for 400 and originally bought for 520
Price drop $300,

Previously listed for 400 and originally bought for 520. Pricr drop to 300$

bump

price drop $250 USD + shipping (USPS priority express mail for international, fedex for domestic)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: