Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

I agree with what everyone else has said about this scabbard Brian.

I think that this might have to be considered your magnum opus. I do not believe that I have seen a piece as beautiful as this one.

Now get the rest of the outfit to do justice to this thing! :D
Thanks Scott. It is definitely my magnum opus, and has been so from the beginning.

A full bodied shot added -

[ Linked Image ]
Progress update picture on the Edward. Locket & mid-band are finished, jump rings soldered on, and harness strap connection pieces attached as well.

[ Linked Image ]
Oh---My---Goodness! It just keeps getting better and better. Come on now....Where do you keep 'em? You know....the magic Elves? Whatever you're feeding them....I want some! Stupendous!!!!............McM
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the kind words.
Exquisite.
Beautiful (and I am sure painstaking) work Brian. Unbelievable. It's a King's sword and scabbard without question.
Thank you JD and Bryan! Thus far it has been an extraordinary amount of work, but thoroughly enjoyed.
Edward III Scabbard Build
This scabbard contains all the symbolism that Edward III would embrace, the Fleur-De-Lis illustrating his claim to the French Throne, the Order of the Garter emblem and motto and the traditional Three Lions and Crown, symbols of the medieval English monarchy.Well Brian, you have a unique and enviable showpiece there. Some folks have commented it is a bit too busy, which for the modern taste, would be true. But one has only to visit the Sainte Chapelle in Paris, or view some of the jeweled medieval reliquaries, to appreciate that this was indeed, the High Medieval taste. Sumptuous, gilded, complex and colorful.
No one could have said that better, Henry. This is an absolute masterpiece of medieval king-worthiness. It will be waaaay hard for anyone to top...ever. ;) .......McM
Thank you Henry, I appreciate it. It was my goal to produce a scabbard I believed to be accurate to the times, and the person. And thank you again, Mark!
Beautiful work Brian!
Thanks Rod!
A picture of the scabbard and it's attachments permanently affixed to the scabbard. Onto the harness.

[ Linked Image ]
Good Gracious! That is a breathtaking piece of work...
Tim Lison wrote:
Good Gracious! That is a breathtaking piece of work...

Appreciated Tim!
Sword or not, you're gonna need a couple of armed guards with you if you go outside with that. :lol: Do you plan on taking out an insurance policy on it ? Hell, I would ! :lol: ............McM
I thought I would revive this thread and share the final build with the myArmoury community.

Your thoughts & feedback are welcome!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Very nice work Brian.
Still for sale? Prince Harry should wear this at his wedding.

I'm searching for the right word. It's just sort of...exquisite, elegant, splendid, superb, and outstanding
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: