Del tin swords - reprofiling
Hello,

I own a Del tin Venetian great sword (2162) and I want to order the 6169, 6154 or 7164.
In my opinion Del tin swords gives great value for the price, and I don't have the funds for Albion or similar.

I use my swords for performance cutting.

I read the debates in this forum regrading the fact that Del tin swords are not optimal for cutting due to the problematic blade geometry- blunts and weight (I will not grind a secondary bevel on them :eek: )
Regarding the steel: Del tin's steel is tough, and I have no worries on that. :cool:

I practice and provide services in water-stones blade sharpening, mostly knives, sometimes long blades such as machetes. Swords is a different story.

Bottom line: I need the advice of experienced members on how to re-profile my Del tins to highly effective cutters.

Thank you
I just use a hand file then stones and work on them til I'm happy. I prefer this method as its more traditional and i hate playing with sharp blades and power tools. It also gives a better finish imho than the more obviously machined modern repros.
I concur with Mark: I have had no problems using hand files. Finish it off with various grits of wet-and dry, and job's a good'un.
Thanks,

I'll give it a go,

You recommend for the first stage ,removing the steel, a single cut Bastard or double cut Bastard?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: