Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Dean, love the kit even though I don' really know what I'm looking at. Fairly stunned that it all goes on it 10 minutes!
Thank you kindly, Joe. I wasn't including the time for attaching the sword and also the obi belt, and running the tanto through it. That adds a couple of extra minutes. Still much quicker and easier than the European plate harness I have - and I could never put on the arm harness and breastplate by myself. That all said, the the samurai harness (thinner plates) would be no match - blow for blow - with a European harness. I believe it was a trade off for mobility and quickness - maybe to avoid being hit in the first place :D
Dean Motoyama wrote:
Thank you kindly, Joe. I wasn't including the time for attaching the sword and also the obi belt, and running the tanto through it. That adds a couple of extra minutes. Still much quicker and easier than the European plate harness I have - and I could never put on the arm harness and breastplate by myself. That all said, the the samurai harness (thinner plates) would be no match - blow for blow - with a European harness. I believe it was a trade off for mobility and quickness - maybe to avoid being hit in the first place :D

ive seen people put these armours through their paces and i was surprised at how easily they were severely dented

i cant help but think that the authentic armour was thicker than these reproductions they seem a tad.. flimsy...
William, I agree. In fact, my harness is purely for display (wearable art :D )- it isn't intended to be hit or dented :D That said, I believe Iron Mountain can make thicker plates upon request - they're very accommodating.
I finally have something new to share: My new sallet made by Roman Tereschenko.

No images of me wearing it with the kit yet.
Those will come, though, I assure you.

Roman has outdone himself again... the sallet is perfect. Perfect fit, perfect finish, perfect craftsmanship.

I am more than satisfied. I sodding love it.
Elric Patzke wrote:
I finally have something new to share: My new sallet made by Roman Tereschenko.

No images of me wearing it with the kit yet.
Those will come, though, I assure you.

Roman has outdone himself again... the sallet is perfect. Perfect fit, perfect finish, perfect craftsmanship.

I am more than satisfied. I sodding love it.

it's a really lovely helmet
Just another day in sunny Sydney :P Photo by Dan Himbrechts/AAP

Awesome sallet, Elric.

Rod - as always - very, very impressive!
Always nice to see the different impressive kits in this topic guys and I really hope, thet I could also give something to it with my stuff :)

Just a small note, to Eric Allen: I really like the 14th century impressions which you made, but for the Hospitaler kit, I would recommend white chausses, based on the knowledge which I have avout the Order. Maybe I'm wrong but recalling what I've read about their dressing orders, they were supplied with white chausses.

And last, but not least, I've got two pictures of the current state of my third quarter of the XIV.th century armour. As I've stated last year, I'm trying to reenact a hungarian knight (with german origins) between 1350-1375.

Last summer: [ Linked Image ]

And nowadays...
[ Linked Image ]

With leg harness and arm harness both
[ Linked Image ]

And hopefully more pictures will come. A pair of hourglass gauntlets are under construction at the moment, I'm planning to add a plaque belt based on the effigy of Günther von Schwarzburg, with a scabbard for my sword. The sword on the pictures is not mine, its the property of our reenactment group as a "stage weapon"
Looking good, Gabor. The brigandine work looks great!
My harness complete with sabatons.(sorry about the background)

How can i improve this, such as livery etc.

Thanks in advance for you advice

Attachment: 42.89 KB
[ Download ]
No offense intended; just trying to keep this topic alive :lol:[/img]

Attachment: 127.94 KB
ar.jpg

Cool idea. :D Are these Hanwei/GDFB suits?
Just goes to show ya.......Every knight needs a good 'axe'......... :lol: ........McM
Glad you guys liked it :D

Luka: The samurai armor is from Iron Mountain Armory (made in China). The plate armor is a hodge podge of makes - the leg and arm harnesses are from ArmStreeet though. Thanks again for your nice comments. Dean
My reenactment group arranged a photoshoot to document our kits. Just wanted to share 2 of my kits. One light armour crossbowman and one fancy civilian kit.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Attachment: 222.48 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 224 KB
[ Download ]
Those are spot-on fantastic! Love the crossbowman!!...............McM
Tjarand, that´s a top-notch kit. Both of them. The hat you´re using for the civilian costume (I presume it´s a felted hat) - is it made in one peace, or is it sewn?
The hat is indeed a felt hat made in one piece. Very smooth and fine felting. Made by http://welnianykram.pl/
Although already shown in Yushman Project thread in its entire step-by-step making process, let me post here it again

My 15. Century Ottoman kit, belonged to a man of wealth

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 95 of 100

Jump to: