Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Settler's Day September 17-18 2016 Manville, RI Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Settler's Day September 17-18 2016 Manville, RI         Reply with quote

Since 2003, I have been gathering with friends and the public for a display of swords, knives, axes, spears and even some shields and armor. Barring undo weather, we will be under some pines, just inside the compound. It is a great opportunity to share with the public and get together with friends. There are often targets to cut. The mat guy appreciates donations if wanting to cut. There are a wide variety of swords and knives. I bring in antiques from the 18th-20th century.. Usually a great many eagle pommel swords.

The weekend has many activities run by the club, including the firearms ranges. Those club activities are ticket based, while there are other vendors and reenactors setting up. No two years have been the same but regulars include a few Civil War guys and a blacksmith. A busy weekend in New England but we often see a group come in as a drum circle. Johnny Cash, Elvis and old tyme fiddlers, as well as food. Family friendly, the event is a large local draw. BYO chairs and sundries.

Shuttles run from a parking lot by the big road and if wanting to share items at our tables let me know. The club is very open to any and all displays and vendors. If wishing to as an independent, just let the club know.. I am generally setting up by about 8am and things wind down by about 5pm.

Cheers

GC

http://www.msrgc.com/

Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still some weeks away. While the event does run rain or shine, the effort may be scaled down, moved inside (we did one Sunday), or even cancelled but I would update accordingly. We were outside one weekend on the tail of a hurricane and one Saturday was pretty miserable with a canopy collapse. Usually very nice to blazing hot.

Cheers

GC
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A month out from this. The summer weeks near an end. I may be scaling back what I load but it seems each year I tend to load most of it. Stuff for sale at all prices.

Cheers

GC
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Coming up next week!

Aaron Hoard

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing pictures from the event.
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Thu 08 Sep, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Hoard wrote:
I look forward to seeing pictures from the event.

Hi Aaron

I have posted quite a number of pictures of this event over the years. I can't guarantee what pictures might get shot this year but if you search this section for Manville, I have posted notice and pictures back to about 2004 or 2005. The past few years have been much the same.

very few have been action shots.

Cheers

GC
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A couple/few pictures as requested. Nothing really new to report but I'll try to get a couple of individual shots of new to me stuff this year. No real cutting going on this weekend, I sacrificed a big box for some stress relief. My ancient Canon trucks on but most phone cameras are as good these days.

Sleepy Hollow season is here!

Some of my favorite knives

Flotsam and jetsam

When are too many not enough? I had started with one EG Waterman and then seemed to have adopted a flock of them (tinypic is screwing me with rotated pictures).

A mixed bag with khukri topping

Oh bollocks

A rougue Baron with some katana.

Overcast skies tomorrow may make for better pictures. A lot of stuff today got washed out by the brightness.

Cheers

GC

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Settler's Day September 17-18 2016 Manville, RI
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic