Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Carl W. wrote:
Luka Borscak wrote:
Not a bad looking sword, but that huge spacer really should be removed. :D

Kenneth Lee Hoffman II wrote:
one of the few customizations i have planned.

Gut feel, I think reducing the size of that spacer (both dimensions) to shorten the grip some & also make it a small bump in palm rather than big knob is the one change the Nielo needs? Replacing it with a small bronze spacer might also work? Fwiw, I am not a migration expert, just feeling having been around this site some years. Might search & look at more examples before making changes. (Wonder why Nielo made it so big?) Regardless if or what you change please consider adding a "when done" review to this topic.

JN, thanks for this topic & your review/pics. Appears there are some decent migration offerings at reasonable cost.
ps. I recall originally assuming same as you about DT steel, then later learning it is good.

I contacted the maker of this sword at Nielo and he was very easy to work with as long as you are reasonable about what you want modified within the basic design and price point. If you want a thousand dollar quality sword you should expect to pay a thousand dollars.

This baby cost $369 and it arrived well packed and in just a few months.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Awesome. Much better than stock one. I have Nielo two handed schiavonesca and I like it, although it's a bit rough.
Luka Borscak wrote:
Awesome. Much better than stock one.

Joe - I agree with Luka, thanks for doing & sharing this. It appears you changed the number of pommel dots, the spacer material, & the palm spacer size. Was anything else changed?

vs. Luka's other comment, your's doesn't at all look "a bit rough" in the pics. Sometime please let us know a little more about your impressions. Thanks again.
Joe, that looks like an outstanding sword at that price point.
Oh how lovely! I do like that. Once I have sold off the majority of my collection I will think about contacting Nielo for a migration era sword, but make it quite short and very light.
That is an awesome deal!

Joe A wrote:
This baby cost $369 and it arrived well packed and in just a few months.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: