Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Lancaster Scabbard by Valiant Armoury Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chip F.

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Albion Lancaster Scabbard by Valiant Armoury         Reply with quote

I came up with an idea for a custom scabbard for my Albion Lancaster that would pay tribute to the sword's tie in with the Wars of the Roses. Here are some early (read: crude) sketches I came up with:

After surfing the forum, I chose to go with Valiant Armoury. Today Sonny sent me pictures of the finished work - they speak for themselves. Needless to say I think I made the right choice! Can't wait to have it in my hands Happy

Leelund K

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It looks awesome! Glad you're happy with it!
Michael Kelly

PostPosted: Wed 06 Apr, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice... I wasn't aware Sonny made scabbards for swords outside of the VA line.
Jeffrey Faulk

PostPosted: Wed 06 Apr, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Kelly wrote:
Very nice... I wasn't aware Sonny made scabbards for swords outside of the VA line.

He has, and does, a limited amount of custom work outside his VA stuff. It never hurts to ask nicely, because his work is superb. A little 'modern' to my eye, but excellent for the price.
Chip F.

PostPosted: Wed 06 Apr, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeffrey Faulk wrote:
Michael Kelly wrote:

He has, and does, a limited amount of custom work outside his VA stuff. It never hurts to ask nicely, because his work is superb. A little 'modern' to my eye, but excellent for the price.

I waited for a while before Sonny had an opening, and then we went over the design, features, and estimate. A little persistence helps too, though I certainly hope I wasn't a nuisance - Sonny has done an excellent job in realizing what I envisioned for this project.
Kuo Xie

PostPosted: Thu 07 Apr, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You scabbard is really beautifully made, congrats on an attractive sword/sheath combo. I agree that Sony at Valiant is a fine craftsman and pleasure to work with. I have one of his off-the-shelf scabbards and the sword fit is perfectly secure: stays in the sheath when inverted, but slides out with a firm grasp. His scabbards are also quite slim which I appreciate, no overly bulky and heavy stuff at Valiant.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Lancaster Scabbard by Valiant Armoury
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic