For Sale: Two 16th C Styrian Halberds
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

The first is in very good shape. It still has its original wooden haft and brass rosettes. 233cm total length. The central spike is the longest I've seen at 95cm. The rear beak contains the makers mark of blacksmith Pankraz Taller who worked for the Styrian Armoury in Graz, Austria from 1575 to 1612. $1580 face to face in College Station, TX or $75 insured shipping inside the US.

Article that IDs the makers mark- http://www.ooegeschichte.at/uploads/tx_iafbib...26-028.pdf

The Armoury Museum in Graz has many similar pieces- https://www.museum-joanneum.at/en/styrian-armoury

The second is a little more rough. The wooden haft was possibly replaced at some point in its life. Some of the languets may have been repaired. 264cm total length. The metal has been cleaned a little more than I would prefer. The lower tip of the main blade has a chip missing. It has a clear "HW" makers mark. I haven't tried to ID the mark yet but I have found at least one other Styrian Halberd with the same mark. The staff at the Armoury Museum are very helpful and could probably tell you who the maker was pretty easily. $990 face to face in TX or $85 insured shipping inside the US.

For questions, additional photos, etc. PM here or contact- 979-two zero four-0635 or toledo321 at aol.com

The second one is sold.

Both are sold.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: