Laws
Does anyone know if Canada and the U.S. have posed ANY laws against bladed or blunt weapons (i.e. - swords, daggers, mace). if there is any could someone please inform me of them.
Could you be a little more specific? The answer may also depend on your provence's laws regarding swords or edged weapons. For example in the states usually sword canes (umbrellas) cannot be delivered to California.

Ben
-No officer it's not a mace, it's a tool for, uhm... hacking ice, yeah.
Also I believe in California and New York there are all sorts of prohibitions regulating how long a knife blade can be and so forth. There are also various ordinances from municipality to municipality. For exampe it's my understanding that Las Vegas will not allow you to carry a blade that is over 4 inches long when opened. I'm glad I don't live in such places....
Well, I noted in the marketplace that you are interested in cane swords. There are many prohibitions against such weapons ESPECIALLY in Canada. I would suggest that you check your local and provincial statutes. Also if you are under the age of 18 you may have a bit of a problem.
It's best to actually read the laws in your own jurisdiction before making any decision. They tend to be clustered in any "weapons" control section. Here in California, they are found in the Penal Code Section 12020 as the starting point.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: