My new seax from Ernest's Workshop
So, I received my new seax made by Ernest's Workshop in Czech. It's absolutely great! I had seen a seax that they had done like this one, but with Christian imagery on it. I wanted one similar but with pagan imagery. I think the result is just amazing. I'm posting some pics and here are the stats:
BL- 19.5 inches
OAL- 27 inches
Spine thickness (at base)- 8mm

It handles like a dream. It has a lot of bite to it with the thick spine and the belly on the blade. This is a real chopper. The grip is super comfortable with the single riser and leather cover. The scabbard is remarkably well done. The whole piece is just superb. I couldn't be happier!

Attachment: 53.09 KB
Seax 3.JPG

Attachment: 44.21 KB
Seax 4.JPG

Attachment: 73.93 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 60.29 KB
[ Download ]
Congratulations Tim, that looks like a great piece! Sounds like a big warknife type at 19 inches. The carvings look really good too.

I have really been wanting to work with Ernest's Workshop, his stuff looks reaallly great!! I have something in mind like a Frankish or Merovingian broadseax, maybe this will be its older brother!
I have a few of his smaller pattern welded blades, and he is very polite and prompt in his communication, and very skilled in his work. I look forward to working with him again! I had been eyeing a close looking cousin of your blade with greedy eyes. Congrats! It looks marvelous.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: