Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Looking for reviewer! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lukas MG
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Looking for reviewer!         Reply with quote

Hello community,

As the title says, I am looking for someone to give a thorough and honest review about one of my swords, to be posted on myArmoury and other forums of the sort. You know, the usual affair with detailed description, pics, maybe a cutting video. A video review (or both) would also be a possibility.

I would of course cover shipping both ways but will not offer any further compensation, to avoid any bias.

I would like someone experienced in this hobby who has already done several reviews of high end swords and who is seen as a reliable source of information. Ideally an avid HEMA fencer and test cutter who can give reliable input on not only aesthetics but also functionality.

I would much prefer for this person to be located in Europe. Shipping a sword is an expensive undertaking.

If you're interested, please get into contact with me!

Note that the sword I will be sending to be reviewed doesn't yet exist. It will (hopefully) be completed this summer. I'm just already starting to get things organized Wink

Custom sword maker:

http://www.lukasmaestlegoer.com
Herbert Schmidt

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hallo Lukas,

well if you want, I can always review your work.
We could even do it together.

If you would be interested, write me a mail…you've got my mail address.

All the best

Herbert

www.arsgladii.at
Historical European Martial Arts
Lukas MG
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 10 Feb, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Herbert, thank you for the offer! I might get back to you on that... I already have two volunteers for this time but I value your opinion and since we tend to run into each other on a fairly regular basis, I'm sure I'll find a possibility to hand you something to review Wink

On a more official note: I'm very happy to say that Peter Smallridge of the Waterloo Sparring group and David Rawlings of the London Longsword Academy will each be doing a review of a longsword I will be sending to them upon completion. Both Peter and David are well known and experienced HEMA fighters and instructors who I am sure will give an honest, reliable and accurate review of my work, both from an aesthetic and a functional point of view.

I would like to thank all who have volunteered, suggested someone or otherwise got involved. I absolutely did not expect this flood of offers. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! I am sorry I had to decline so many offers, I will keep you all mind though because there might be a next time Wink

Custom sword maker:

http://www.lukasmaestlegoer.com

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Looking for reviewer!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic