Late 16th C gauntlets from Royal Oak Armoury
These were a serious change of gears after working a lot of ancient projects recently - a pair of decorated, late 16th C German-style gauntlets. The functionality and attention to detail in armour of this period makes it pretty time-consuming, but satisfying to reproduce. They will be followed by a bridle gauntlet and a gorget with matching decoration.

I hope you like them - they were a pleasure to build!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

For those interested, more pictures can be found on my Flickr and Facebook pages.
Ah, they look great! The color contrast is spot on. Next step--full or 3/4 harness?
Like I said elsewhere, these turned out gorgeous. I am as curious as Kai is about what exactly they're supposed to match with? Even a half-harness with the same attention to detail would be bordering the most complicated and detailed reproduction armour I've come across... Cheers!

-Gregory
Wow those are gorgeous Jeff! Every piece of yours is a work of art. Cant wait for my Sugarloaf!!
Great job, beautiful proportions.
I am curious about the whole armor.
Congratulations.
Thanks, guys.

I don't think there is going to be a harness to accompany these gauntlets, though if you were all to sign a petition, I would be happy to send it to my patron. ;-) I do have a matching gorget and bridle gauntlet in the works, and I will post them here as they are finished.
Jeffrey beautiful work on the Royal Oak Armoury. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: