Wanted: Seax with 14" or longer blade
This listing has been marked as FOUND

I need a decent Seax relatively soon for a weapons display at a local museum. My budget is $400 USD to include PayPal fees, and of course I will pay additional for shipping, insurance and special packaging.

For now I don't need a scabbard. I've recently seen some really well made scabbards which I'd love to have, but they add to the final price of many very nice examples currently available.

It need not be sharpened nor polished, it does need to have a blade about 14" long (36 cm) and have a generally authentic organic hilt. No, or very small guard and pommel is best. Two piecs of wood on either side of the tang is fine. I'm looking for a Seax a commoner would have wielded not a nobleman.

I'm not concerned about the quality of the metal, it will never be used in anything but a presentation.

So fare I've been checking out Ebay, Etsy, all the well known suppliers and forums and more than a few artisan's sites/Facebook pages with no luck. I'm not looking to get an Owen Bush or Tod quality sword (although that would be nice), just better than mass produced. I take great care of all my gear so your Seax will find a good home and be used to teach kids about the people who made and used such objects.

Please PM me here or contact me at joebalmos@yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Seax with 14" or longer blade
This listing has been marked as FOUND

Joe A wrote:
I need a decent Seax relatively soon for a weapons display at a local museum. My budget is $400 USD to include PayPal fees, and of course I will pay additional for shipping, insurance and special packaging.

Please PM me here or contact me at joebalmos@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone for contacting me.

The date I need this in my hands is the 10th of Feb. I know that's not a lot of time for most folks to make me anything decent. I had one ordered for over six months and recently was informed by the maker that he won't be able to deliver on time, or anytime soon. At least he's willing to send my cash down-payment back without a lot of drama. As this is one of the focus pieces of my presentation I can't just shrug it off and wait as I normally do.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: